Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Neo V getting restarted frequently automatically.

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia Neo V getting restarted frequently automatically.

I purchased the new Xperia Neo V last Saturday only. As soon as I came home and started using the phone it started rebooting every now and then. I searched on internet and found that many people are facing the same issue with the same model. On Sony Ericsson forum they recommended to go for a factory reset and software upgrade. I tried both the things but it is exhibiting same behavior.

It doesn't reset when you're working on it but as soon as it goes in standby mode and I try to make it alive by pressing the Home key it restarts. I also observed restart issue while receiving calls.

At times, it resets itself continuously, when I keep it idle. The device screen gets dark then after some time the device splash screen reappears (the graphics that it shows while turning it on), then again a while it goes into standby mode and again the same cycle. I've noticed it resetting itself like this for more than 10 times at a go.

Earlier the phone had s/w ver 4.0.1.A.0.283 after updating it became 4.0.2.A.0.42

I've seen on net that many people had experienced this issue with other Xperia models. Did sony not learn from its earlier mistakes? You might not have the idea how bad impression you guys are creating in the market. Just search on the net and you'll come across thousands of people being harassed after trusting Sony. I've been a Sony fan because my last SE phone W700i is still performing its duty without letting me down. That was the only reason I trusted again Sony this time.

I urge you not to play with sentiments of people, at least if you are aware of the cause of this problem, communicate it to your users properly and provide a proper solution at the earliest.

The most annoying this is when I talked with the customer care cell, they said they have not heard about this issue. It seems that customer care guys are not aware and updated on the issues being discussed on SE forums. Amazing and strange...!!

Guys please help me if anyone of you had same issue and resolved it successfully.

72 REPLIES 72
Not applicable

But that won't be an option if the phone is purchased from Sony Center. One will have to choose a Sony model only.

Not applicable

ohh...okayy...i'll keep that in mind fr the next time..(hopefully there wont be a next time Winking_Face )

Not applicable

If you have visited the service center with the same problem more than 3 times, you can ask for a replacement. Also, I guess, within 7 days of purchase you are entitled for a replacement if your phone is faulty.

Don't forget to get a job sheet everytime you visit the service center.

Not applicable

I have recently bought three Android phones for evaluation on behalf of my company (Sony Neo V, Moto Defy+ & HTC Desire S).

On the face of it th Neo V is a good all rounder and well priced. However we also have the rebooting problem and have not installed any third party apps. The phone is simply running in its basic form with WiFi enabled and the standard email client running an IMAP account.

We will not be able to risk buying 70 of these now, as having a look on the web shows this is a relatively common problem. Hopefully Sony will admit it is an issue and produce a fix.

Not applicable

well i am not having any prob with Neo v.. and i am sure there are loadz of more ppl who are having fun with their Neo v ...

On the internet you see only those who have a problem .. no body comes to praise or appreciate their phone (hardly ppl come i should say)    

Martha-
Contributor

I will not pretend to understand the processes people need to go through in other countries, because I am clearly not an expert.

However, you stated there are many threads with this issue here. As 100rabh791 stated though, no one really comes to a forum to talk about how GOOD there product is:smileywink:

I tried your use case with 4 Xperia neo V (1 personal one, 3 brand new) and none exhibited the issue. I don't doubt the issue can exist for you, and others, but it is certainly not on any large scale.

Have you actually spoken to us directly over the phone? Maybe you can get some local insight into the repair/return/warranty matter.

Not applicable

Just spoke to SonyEricsson Xperia support in Australia (Sam), he basically don't want to know and admit there is an issue with phone restarting itself for no reasons at all.  The support person said they cannot help me because I bought my phone from oversea.

The problem might be software or hardware related but it is still an issue.  SonyEricsson will need take responsibility for their product do what it can to help people who bought their products.

I have lost faith in SonyEricsson and Sony in general and it is sad because Sony/SonyEricsson is the brand I look at first when I am looking for electronics goods.  I have many Sony products, from TV, PS3s, notebooks, Video cameras, digital cameras, phones, MP3 player to even batteries in my household and I had to paid more for them but now I find myself looking at other brand first.

Not applicable

this is totally a hardware problem.. a very simple hardware problem..

FIX: put a piece of paper at the other end of the battery that is thick enough to push the battery and promoting better connections with the metal.. This problem is very common with other handphones, or even DSLR battery grip. You can now enjoy your Xperia Neo V!! Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

well if that is the case it is not good that sony is producing such low quality body even it is produced from waste material ... i dont suffer from the Restart problem but there is a cracking sound on the top side of the phone and i am sure most of you guys can also experience it...i guess the back cover  is of very cheap quality ... sad Slightly_frowning_Face

Not applicable

Bless you. I think it has worked on my phone. I recommend everybody having the automatic rebooting isssue to try this. Thanks.