Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Neo V getting restarted frequently automatically.

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia Neo V getting restarted frequently automatically.

I purchased the new Xperia Neo V last Saturday only. As soon as I came home and started using the phone it started rebooting every now and then. I searched on internet and found that many people are facing the same issue with the same model. On Sony Ericsson forum they recommended to go for a factory reset and software upgrade. I tried both the things but it is exhibiting same behavior.

It doesn't reset when you're working on it but as soon as it goes in standby mode and I try to make it alive by pressing the Home key it restarts. I also observed restart issue while receiving calls.

At times, it resets itself continuously, when I keep it idle. The device screen gets dark then after some time the device splash screen reappears (the graphics that it shows while turning it on), then again a while it goes into standby mode and again the same cycle. I've noticed it resetting itself like this for more than 10 times at a go.

Earlier the phone had s/w ver 4.0.1.A.0.283 after updating it became 4.0.2.A.0.42

I've seen on net that many people had experienced this issue with other Xperia models. Did sony not learn from its earlier mistakes? You might not have the idea how bad impression you guys are creating in the market. Just search on the net and you'll come across thousands of people being harassed after trusting Sony. I've been a Sony fan because my last SE phone W700i is still performing its duty without letting me down. That was the only reason I trusted again Sony this time.

I urge you not to play with sentiments of people, at least if you are aware of the cause of this problem, communicate it to your users properly and provide a proper solution at the earliest.

The most annoying this is when I talked with the customer care cell, they said they have not heard about this issue. It seems that customer care guys are not aware and updated on the issues being discussed on SE forums. Amazing and strange...!!

Guys please help me if anyone of you had same issue and resolved it successfully.

72 REPLIES 72
deesnegi
Visitor

it is really bad for sony. I am also using the Neo V and it also restart frequently. they have no answare for this issue and they are saleing the phone. In future I will not going with sony.

Jer
Visitor

Thank you. I got this solution successfull.

bigbenip
Visitor

Hey guys, i also have this problem with my Sony Xperia LT30p i just bought newly, must of the times when i receive incoming calls, it restart emediatly as i keep the call, secoundly, when i'm using it in internet, it become so hurt that i can't even hold it with my hands any more, at that same time i can't receive a call because it will keep retesting, please guys it any one has come arose this same problem and fine a solution for it, do help me, i'm just begging and let the Sony Xperia guys try to do something about it, becuase i can see that many people are complaing for the same problem.