Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Neo V getting restarted frequently automatically.

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia Neo V getting restarted frequently automatically.

I purchased the new Xperia Neo V last Saturday only. As soon as I came home and started using the phone it started rebooting every now and then. I searched on internet and found that many people are facing the same issue with the same model. On Sony Ericsson forum they recommended to go for a factory reset and software upgrade. I tried both the things but it is exhibiting same behavior.

It doesn't reset when you're working on it but as soon as it goes in standby mode and I try to make it alive by pressing the Home key it restarts. I also observed restart issue while receiving calls.

At times, it resets itself continuously, when I keep it idle. The device screen gets dark then after some time the device splash screen reappears (the graphics that it shows while turning it on), then again a while it goes into standby mode and again the same cycle. I've noticed it resetting itself like this for more than 10 times at a go.

Earlier the phone had s/w ver 4.0.1.A.0.283 after updating it became 4.0.2.A.0.42

I've seen on net that many people had experienced this issue with other Xperia models. Did sony not learn from its earlier mistakes? You might not have the idea how bad impression you guys are creating in the market. Just search on the net and you'll come across thousands of people being harassed after trusting Sony. I've been a Sony fan because my last SE phone W700i is still performing its duty without letting me down. That was the only reason I trusted again Sony this time.

I urge you not to play with sentiments of people, at least if you are aware of the cause of this problem, communicate it to your users properly and provide a proper solution at the earliest.

The most annoying this is when I talked with the customer care cell, they said they have not heard about this issue. It seems that customer care guys are not aware and updated on the issues being discussed on SE forums. Amazing and strange...!!

Guys please help me if anyone of you had same issue and resolved it successfully.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martha-
Contributor

I will not pretend to understand the processes people need to go through in other countries, because I am clearly not an expert.

However, you stated there are many threads with this issue here. As 100rabh791 stated though, no one really comes to a forum to talk about how GOOD there product is:smileywink:

I tried your use case with 4 Xperia neo V (1 personal one, 3 brand new) and none exhibited the issue. I don't doubt the issue can exist for you, and others, but it is certainly not on any large scale.

Have you actually spoken to us directly over the phone? Maybe you can get some local insight into the repair/return/warranty matter.

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
Not applicable

Since you just bought it last Saturday, my suggestion is to ask for a replacement. They do replace if you go within 7 days of purchasing. And you can opt for some other model.  That is the only solution which seems to be working :smileyhappy:.

Martha-
Contributor

Since not every user is experiencing this, and since you have tried to resolve it via software, there stands to reason the phone possibly has a hardware problem. As nvvram stated, a DIFFERENT Xperia neo V should not have the same behaviour.

Please let us know what you decide to do.

Not applicable

Martha, Thanks for responding. I observed in my case the problem starts when I enable wifi and use some of the applications like Gmail, Gtalk etc. After using them if I leave handset idle and allow it to go into stand by mode either it reboots itself after a min automatically or when I press the home key to wake it up. This is the use case by which the issue is reproducible 100%.

Once I gave a hard reset to my device (by pulling out the battery and reinstalling it) and then didn't use the wifi and kept it overnight like that only. The phone didn't reset that night for 8 hours. In the morning when I used wifi again the issue started again.

There might be users who are not using wifi and not experiencing this issue. There are many threads going on on this forum only discussing this issue. If there are so many hard ware issue handset phone are in market Sony should call them back, instad of asking user to go for a replacement. In India to get a replacement is not that easy. Retail stores including sony stores play tricks to avoid such replacements. You at Sony should try to explore more in this regard and make an official annoucements about your findings otherwise you may lose many of your loyal customers in the coming days.

I've taken the leave from my job to get this issue resolved, I could get the replacement letter from the service station but the Sony center says they don't have this handset in stock so I have to wait. I know they are telling a lie. Some of my friends are suggesting me to go for a diff model. I don't know what to do ? I bought the phone from a Sony store so I've to buy a sony model only. What if the other handset will also be faulty?

Not applicable

i also experienced the same problem and replaced my phone with samsung galaxy s plus. My faith in sony is over . Am not going to get any sony phones further.

Not applicable

I have the same issue.  The phone restarts itself for no reason and it continue to restart after a few minutes.  I have to switch the phone off for a minute or so before switch it on again but after about 24 hours later it goes into restarting cycle again.  I am losing faith in Sony.  Sony should concentrate on making one or two phone that works and bugs free rather than making a hundred phone that don't work properly.

Not applicable

I too experienced the same issue with my Neo V. I never had any issues with my w700 and w595. And, when I went for replacement, I did an R&D in this forum and saw every SE model has some or the other issue (not singular but many people reporting the same) -

1) Neo and Ray - Reboot issues

2) xperia mini and mini pro - some buzzing sound in the back panel and the display issue

3) xperia pro - the same buzzing sound

4) xperia Arc -  the casing cracks after sometime

So, I had to go for another brand though Arc had relatively less issues other than the cracking case, it was beyond my budget.

Also, the reboot issue seems to be universal, I mean among the android phones. When I search for reboot issues for any brand and model of android phones, I end up with quite some posts. So, is this an android issue?

Not applicable

@everyone, go to the service centre first.

they'll replace it if its cmpletely irreparable.

If they dont respond well or smthng then u guys can ask fr a reply in d forum.

Not applicable

heyy...just outta curiosity, how'd u manage to get a different brand?

Not applicable

You can get the do letter from sony service centre and give to the place where uonly bought the phone.only thing is u need to pay extra vat if u r opting for diff model other than neo v