Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Neo V getting restarted frequently automatically.

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia Neo V getting restarted frequently automatically.

I purchased the new Xperia Neo V last Saturday only. As soon as I came home and started using the phone it started rebooting every now and then. I searched on internet and found that many people are facing the same issue with the same model. On Sony Ericsson forum they recommended to go for a factory reset and software upgrade. I tried both the things but it is exhibiting same behavior.

It doesn't reset when you're working on it but as soon as it goes in standby mode and I try to make it alive by pressing the Home key it restarts. I also observed restart issue while receiving calls.

At times, it resets itself continuously, when I keep it idle. The device screen gets dark then after some time the device splash screen reappears (the graphics that it shows while turning it on), then again a while it goes into standby mode and again the same cycle. I've noticed it resetting itself like this for more than 10 times at a go.

Earlier the phone had s/w ver 4.0.1.A.0.283 after updating it became 4.0.2.A.0.42

I've seen on net that many people had experienced this issue with other Xperia models. Did sony not learn from its earlier mistakes? You might not have the idea how bad impression you guys are creating in the market. Just search on the net and you'll come across thousands of people being harassed after trusting Sony. I've been a Sony fan because my last SE phone W700i is still performing its duty without letting me down. That was the only reason I trusted again Sony this time.

I urge you not to play with sentiments of people, at least if you are aware of the cause of this problem, communicate it to your users properly and provide a proper solution at the earliest.

The most annoying this is when I talked with the customer care cell, they said they have not heard about this issue. It seems that customer care guys are not aware and updated on the issues being discussed on SE forums. Amazing and strange...!!

Guys please help me if anyone of you had same issue and resolved it successfully.

72 REPLIES 72
Not applicable

All the guys that are struggling, for them the word of advice is "Get it replaced". I got my replacement and it is working absolutely fine. It is not getting reset. I don't know whether problem was s/w or h/w.

I observed few things - The MCafee virus program was periodically showing some notifications in the handset with problem. Whereas in my existing handset it is not.

Iti is for sure that there are a set of handset in the market with reset issue. Those who are unlucky to have them should get them replaced ASAP.

Visit the nearest service center and show them the issue. Also insist that you want replacement. They will keep the handset and give you a letter of replacement that you need to produce to the retailer to get new handset.

Now when I've got problem free handset I can say it is the best in market. Superb performance.

Please note that it has to be done within 7 days of handset purchase.

Not applicable

During the first week I bought the Xperia Neo, I sent it for repair due to the same issue everybody facing in this post.

During the second week I bought the Xperia Neo, I sent it again for repair due to the same issue everybody facing in this post.

During the third week I bought the Xperia Neo, I sent it again for repair due to the same issue everybody facing in this post.

However, until now, they still cannot solve this problem or give me any good explaination.

Frankly speaking, I have lost my faith, trust and confidence on any Sony Ericson product.

Hope the people from Sony Ericson can do something on this issue.

If not, I will call this company a "Cheating Company".

Thanks for viewing.

Kenny

Not applicable

Kenny, I think you should go to service center and insist them to get a replacement letter. I took a day leave from my job just to settle this matter. Service center people told me to keep the device with them for day or two but I insisted them to resolved that day only. The result - I got the device replaced and now there are no more issues. It is working perfectly.

Don't give up and keep on trying till you get the device replaced. Best luck. Smiling_Face_with_open_mouth_&_closed_Eyes

Not applicable

hi all...did anyone( with a functional phone) update to the 4.0.2.A.0.42 version?

I'm kinda freaked out if the restarting problem will occur if i update it.

I dont want to update it just as yet, but the thing cmes up on the notification bar and is not getting cleared.

Any suggestions as to what to do?

Not applicable

Well, I Just bought this phone in India a few days back, same issue.

Went to teh retailer and replaced it within two days

with a brand new phone and it STILL has the same problem.

My sister bought a white Neo V along with my original phones with no problems.

So is this problem retricted to Blue Neo V (As Both my phones are blue)

Alternatively, MY own market survey states that 2 out of every 3 phone has this problem, I'm contemplating shifting to the Motorola Defy +, atleast I can vent my anger on that phone in peace 😐

Not applicable

Seems to be the case with the Silver Neo V as well

Not applicable

India only has three colours launched - Blue, red and White. I'm turning in my second blue Neo V and shifting to the Red one and if that fails too, possibly shifting to Samsung or Motorola but shall definately file a consumer complaint, this is absurd ! Rs.17.5k is no small amount !!

Not applicable

It's not related with color. Mine faulty device was of White color. I was also afraid when getting my device replaced that the new device shouldn't show the same problem. Thankfully it didn't. By this time Martha should get convinced that there are many people who are facing this issue (as per kapman " 2 out of every 3 phone has this problem" )

Sony should take some action on this issue.

Not applicable

I'm also getting the notification but waiting for others to say that it has no issues Winking_Face

With my earlier experience (reset issue) I'm very cautious this time.

Not applicable

well dude yes i have update my neo v to the newer ver .. and i am not facing any problem ..so i guess you can also go fot it Slightly_smiling_Face