Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth disables itself randomly

SOLVED
andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

Bluetooth disables itself randomly

Bello, i have a problem With my phone, Bluetooth disables itself ramdomly and doesn 't want to start utiI restart my device. I have a lg smartwatch connected and I find myself without connection.
When I see that the bt is off, i cannot turn it on again, the switch doesn' t do nothing.
Any ideas?

Ps: i dont have antivirus and smart connect installed
64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.IT.title
Michelasso
Contributor

Still I would try resetting the Network Settings, first. It only takes a couple of minutes, you'll just have to register the BT device and log into your WiFi APs again. The settings aren't just the WiFi/BT connections, some files get created in /data. And those, since it stops to work, may be corrupted.

Rickard
Master

@andysoft

I'm very sorry to hear that Slightly_frowning_Face

Would it be possible for you to take a log from your phone and send this to me? I'll forward it internally for investigation.

To do this:
Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number
Go back to Settings and select Developer options and turn on "USB debugging". Then tap "Logger buffer sizes" and set this to "4 M".
- The next time you notice that bluetooth has turned off and can't be turned on:
Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report". When the report is ready (may take a minute or so) you get a notification that you can tap and share to Google Drive. Please send me a link to this file in a private message.

andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

Rickard ,  I will send you the logfile after I will try all the work arrounds the other users suggested, I hope they will fix my problem.

Anyone else with the same problem with Xperia X compact  F5321 ?

I have now the 34.1.A.3.22 firmware , everything works without any problems on my phone, wifi, screen, camera, speed , battery,   the only issue is with the low brightness in dark places but I don't mind so much, and the speaker volume comparing to the z5 compact is lower and not so good like z5c. 

andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

I factory reset my phone and reinstall all the programs from scratch, we will see now I'll keep you posted.
maxdiland
Visitor

I have the same issue and simglar case. I have X compact and Huawei watch and I get bluetooth disable 4-5 times a day and even I'm not able to turn it on. Just reboot helps to turn on the bluetooth. It looks like some software bug. On the previous z5c I didn't face with such issues.
andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

After a factory reset I have the same issue, so it didn't helped. Slightly_frowning_Face
Sony please release a FW update with this issue resolved.
andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

Yes the same case for me, with my previous Z5c everything was great bluetooth was working great.

What firmware do you have on your X compact now ? 

maxdiland
Visitor

I have 34.1.A.3.22, and you?

Today tried to keep paired bluetooth headset during the day. No bluetooth troubles appeared. So I assume the problem is connected with Android Wear app.
andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

I have the same firmware, I don't think it has something with the Android wear app because if it stops you cannot turn it on again, so the wear app doesn't have nothing to do with it imo.
Fataboy
Visitor

I also have the same issue on z3c. The bluetooth is not possible to be turned on at all and same with the wifi. Both are not working since 19th Oct. No idea if it is hw or sw problem. Diagnostic says the WiFi is OK, don't understand it and the Bluetooth is not able to be switched on by diagnostic at all, so it keeps trying switching on until I stop it manually. Other features are working properly.
I have sw version 23.5.A.1.291