Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth disables itself randomly

SOLVED
andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

Bluetooth disables itself randomly

Bello, i have a problem With my phone, Bluetooth disables itself ramdomly and doesn 't want to start utiI restart my device. I have a lg smartwatch connected and I find myself without connection.
When I see that the bt is off, i cannot turn it on again, the switch doesn' t do nothing.
Any ideas?

Ps: i dont have antivirus and smart connect installed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

So it seems that upgrade to Nougat fixes the Bluetooth issue.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Test the phone in safe mode for few hours or repair the phone with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

Last time bt worked for 2 Days before turning itself off.
if i make a factory reset is like a repair with pcc or not?
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Since it doesn't happen as often, it'll be hard to figure out what's causing this, you could repair the phone with XC but i don't really see another way to figure it out. 

andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

I will try with a factory reset, it is strange tough I have The same apps like on my old z5c and the old one was working without any problems.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

if you are going to factory reset, you might want to repair the phone with XC instead

profile.country.IT.title
Michelasso
Contributor

@andysoft wrote:
I will try with a factory reset, it is strange tough I have The same apps like on my old z5c and the old one was working without any problems.

Without going through the pain of a factory reset, you may want to try first to reset your network settings. I'm not sure in English, but it should be something like this:

Settings/Backup & Restore/Reset Network Settings

That resets the WIFi/Data Connection (3G/LTE) and yes, the Bluetooth.

andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

Yes is there, but this only delets the settings for those 3, when bt works I don't have connection problems with the smartwatch, Imo is a software /driver related issue with the bt.
I will try in the week-end when I have more time.

PS: what app may cause this tough?
profile.country.IT.title
Michelasso
Contributor

Since once off the BT sometime doesn't turn on anymore I doubt it depends on any app. I imagine it's a bug in our version of Android. It just adds to the weak WiFi, the brightness going down to zero, the battery draining in some devices (mine the first days. Up to 6% per hour. Now it seems more normal). It's a new phone, some issues were expected. Hopefully we'll get an update soon.

andysoft83_gmai
Visitor

Yes I also think is a bug, happening again just now and I tryed to do the test of BT from the xperia care menu and it fails, doesn't want to turn the BT ON-OFF .

As I said the only workarround is to restart the phone Slightly_frowning_Face

So is a bug IMO, I will try to reset to factory in the weekend, maybe someone from SONY should investigate this issue for the future updates.