Join now - be part of our community!

Some Smart Lock features missing for me

SOLVED
rojaso
Visitor

Some Smart Lock features missing for me

I have the T2 Ultra with Android 5.1.1 - I have enabled Smart Lock under Trusted Agents, I have made it recognize my face a few times, it is ON but I fail to see Smart Lock under Settings -> Screen lock.

I have used Face Unlock on many earlier phones so I know what I am doing. I have the latest Google Play Services 8.3.01 and latest everything.

Not only does Face unlock not appear as an option, but I cannot even enable Trusted Voices as the only option I have under 'Ok Google' is 'From the Google App' - I miss being able to say Ok Google from any screen

Does this have anything to do with protection with myXperia ?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rojaso

The hardware can't handle so much and still be functional, I have a T2 Ultra as well as other Xperias, and of course you see the difference between a flagship and a mid/low end phone, but the phone doesn't have enough RAM to handle multiple accounts, as it is right now, if you play a game and you try to switch to other apps, it will reset the game, and lag in the process, why? bc it doesn't have enough free RAM, you could say, well I can use a task killer? no, that won't solve the issue. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rojaso

The Xperia T2 Ultra as other mid end and low end phones lack multiple things, such as OK google from any screen, multiple users, etc. 

rojaso
Visitor

That is insane, to remove an OS's features just because it is low end ?? How low is that ?

This is not part of their featureset, it is Google's.

Naah I dont think Sony or any other maker worth their salt would do this.

To eclipse certain customer crapware would be understandable but to purposely remove it is asking for trouble.

I have to discard this phone in a hurry now.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rojaso

The hardware can't handle so much and still be functional, I have a T2 Ultra as well as other Xperias, and of course you see the difference between a flagship and a mid/low end phone, but the phone doesn't have enough RAM to handle multiple accounts, as it is right now, if you play a game and you try to switch to other apps, it will reset the game, and lag in the process, why? bc it doesn't have enough free RAM, you could say, well I can use a task killer? no, that won't solve the issue. 

rojaso
Visitor

What you say makes sense now, I had not regarded that as a shortcoming for this phone, thought I was getting a good deal on a nice-sized phone. I had a cheaper Asus PadphoneX earlier, and a dell (all under 200) and all of them were able to do all Google's Smart Security stuff. This stinks. Goddamn huge phone with miserable memory. No more Sony for me.

I never said kill it using Task Mgr was a solution, there should either have been an option for adding more mem or letting the user decide it is to be disabled as it is a memory hog. I have spent days on figuring out this BS way they have implemented the OS.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rojaso

Don't despair, there's always a way around things, you could use a custom ROM instead 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/t2-ultra

rojaso
Visitor

Funnily enough, I checked on a friend's 1+2 for this scenario and it didnt work for him either. And it has 4G. So doubt it is a memory issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@rojaso

What exactly did you checked? 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-T2-Ultra/lollipop-multiple-user-option-is-not-available/m-p/980...

Recommended by Rickard (Community Manager)
Community Manager
Rickard

Re: lollipop multiple user option is not available

The reason for that multi user functionality has not been implemented is the amount of RAM (1GB) so i'm afraid this feature is not supported on this phone. 

rojaso
Visitor

Sorry, I mean a OnePlus2 phone, I tried the same settings, even on that the Face thingy wouldnt appear on Screen Lock after going through the same routine