Join now - be part of our community!

xperia sp soft bricked

SOLVED
malla69
Visitor

xperia sp soft bricked

CHANGING LED IS MAIN PROBLEM, when ever i charge to shocket wall charger or put download mode to pc , it changes and keeps on changing led from , green , and bright red , red , off led and blinking green led 5 times and loop is continue , what does this means? because of changing led i can keep my phone download mode when it keeps only in green led but as you know it keeps changin wid interval of 2minutes, PLZ help sony what is this changing led means??????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
malla69
Visitor

:smileysmileywink: SOLVED and here's the solution after continously researching and working on it for days

HELP for XPERIA SP soft brick condition like mine wid low battery situation( changing of led from bright red to red, green , off led and blinking green like a 5 times
and the loop is continue, which is a symbol of very low critical condition of battery). As i suffered and for some cases of soft bricked conditions the system wont'n allow the charger or via pc connections to charge the battery, because the brain of phn is dead so malfunctions, so plz if u soft bricked yr phn and can go through
download mode use the remaining charges of battery carefully for flashing with SUS(sony update service, sus dnt supports boot unlocked devices)
or other flashtools carefully because if u make yr battery dead u could rarely have a choice to charge yr phn again ok.

SOLUTIONS for charging battery and completing flashing (found after lots of experiments)
as charging whole day and nights was worthless and useless but unless i did this,
 >first download SUS (sony update service) and install it ,
  >download flash tools with this link and unrar it install tool kit and copy the 3 .ftf kernels to                                                                                           c: >flashtool>frimwares(inside firmware),

>charge the device while it charges even jst 1or 2% and reamains in download mode jst for half or 1 minutes and like mentioned before changing led loops starts which wnt allow to keep device in download mode constantly,
      >open flash tools and connect yr device while holding vol down button and usb connect ( as yr device with little charge can get to download mode jst for a while , 

>(DO THIS VERY QUICK CUZ U HAVE LIITTLE TIME)now hit flash button in flash tools as device is detected and  choose flashmode and choose on of 3 kenrels except x10 on the list , according to yr firmware version one will surely work out and yr device will switch off.

> now be carefull dnt turn yr phn on otherwise whole process will reoccure so now jst NOW the device is able to charge or get charged , now charge nd full yr battery and again in download mode use SUS to reinstall yr phn wiping previous data (obviously you will loose the data but phn working is important,) and installing new frimware,

TADA now after installing firmware wid SUS yr phn is alive, guyz i have suffered and nothing worked quite because it was a different case changing leds ,after searching hints and giving lot of time i get the point,nd jst  dnt want u people suffer like me  so i post this solution for future seekers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Try to repair it with SUS

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

malla69
Visitor

i was already with sus , and when the frimware was downloading 80% my battery went down and , the main **bleep** thing is i cant charge the battery however i put it in wall charger or connect to pc , they sayed in xda forum that when the phone is in bricked mode phn doesnt charges battery even you connect it to the charger , plz how can i charge the battery, and i came to conclusion that changing led was a sign of very low battery,:smileysick:

malla69
Visitor

:smileysmileywink: SOLVED and here's the solution after continously researching and working on it for days

HELP for XPERIA SP soft brick condition like mine wid low battery situation( changing of led from bright red to red, green , off led and blinking green like a 5 times
and the loop is continue, which is a symbol of very low critical condition of battery). As i suffered and for some cases of soft bricked conditions the system wont'n allow the charger or via pc connections to charge the battery, because the brain of phn is dead so malfunctions, so plz if u soft bricked yr phn and can go through
download mode use the remaining charges of battery carefully for flashing with SUS(sony update service, sus dnt supports boot unlocked devices)
or other flashtools carefully because if u make yr battery dead u could rarely have a choice to charge yr phn again ok.

SOLUTIONS for charging battery and completing flashing (found after lots of experiments)
as charging whole day and nights was worthless and useless but unless i did this,
 >first download SUS (sony update service) and install it ,
  >download flash tools with this link and unrar it install tool kit and copy the 3 .ftf kernels to                                                                                           c: >flashtool>frimwares(inside firmware),

>charge the device while it charges even jst 1or 2% and reamains in download mode jst for half or 1 minutes and like mentioned before changing led loops starts which wnt allow to keep device in download mode constantly,
      >open flash tools and connect yr device while holding vol down button and usb connect ( as yr device with little charge can get to download mode jst for a while , 

>(DO THIS VERY QUICK CUZ U HAVE LIITTLE TIME)now hit flash button in flash tools as device is detected and  choose flashmode and choose on of 3 kenrels except x10 on the list , according to yr firmware version one will surely work out and yr device will switch off.

> now be carefull dnt turn yr phn on otherwise whole process will reoccure so now jst NOW the device is able to charge or get charged , now charge nd full yr battery and again in download mode use SUS to reinstall yr phn wiping previous data (obviously you will loose the data but phn working is important,) and installing new frimware,

TADA now after installing firmware wid SUS yr phn is alive, guyz i have suffered and nothing worked quite because it was a different case changing leds ,after searching hints and giving lot of time i get the point,nd jst  dnt want u people suffer like me  so i post this solution for future seekers.

Arindom
Visitor

Hey,

I am having the same problem. I was following your method. But when the flashing starts, it goes very quickly to a level but after that it is not progressing. Please help. Attaching screen shot of Flashtool.SP Karnel Flashing.JPG

Yudhi3109
Visitor

After clicking flash..it will first prepare and then ask u to connect ur phone while pressing volume down button..just do that..but remember just keep the volume down button pressed until the whole flashing gets completed..this will surely solve ur problem!