Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z5 Compact not receiving 4G signal with Rogers Canada

SOLVED
Hip_The_King
Visitor

Xperia Z5 Compact not receiving 4G signal with Rogers Canada

Hi everyone,

I just got my Xperia Z5 Compact from my dad, but the problem is that I can not get 4G signal with Rogers Canada.

I asked support from Rogers and they said since Rogers does not carry the Xperia Z5 Compact, and my sim is working properly with other phones, they cannot offer me help. 

But the funny thing is that my dad's sim, a Rogers sim, is working properly with this Z5 Compact, but mine is not.

Can someone help me? Thank you!

20 REPLIES 20
Hip_The_King
Visitor

Hi,

Preferred network type has already been set to LTE(preferred)/WCDMA/GSM Thinking_Face but it;s still no working

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Here in the US with AT&T they have to enable this service with each account, so that could be the problem here

Hip_The_King
Visitor

Screenshot_20161009-200407.png Screenshot_20161009-200414.png Screenshot_20161009-200426.png

Hip_The_King
Visitor

So how can I fix this? Slightly_frowning_Face

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Hip_The_King,

I am sorry you're experiencing this issue. Do you get any mobile data? For example 3G? Or do you have no mobile data access at all?

Hip_The_King
Visitor

Hi @cameronT

I am not receiving any mobile data at all. I can make call and text messages, but no data, no 3G
My "Mobile Data" and "LTE" icons are on

CameronT
Champion

@Hip_The_King,

Can you please go to Settings > More > Internet Settings.

This will download the internet settings for your network, in case there is a mistake or typo in any of the settings. 

Hip_The_King
Visitor

Slightly_smiling_Face 

Thank you CameronT

CameronT
Champion

@Hip_The_King

Glad to help :). It's working now?

Hip_The_King
Visitor

Yes, it is.

Not sure what was changed. From what I can see, the only changed info was the name of the APN. Now it is Rogers Internet.