Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z5 Compact not receiving 4G signal with Rogers Canada

SOLVED
Hip_The_King
Visitor

Xperia Z5 Compact not receiving 4G signal with Rogers Canada

Hi everyone,

I just got my Xperia Z5 Compact from my dad, but the problem is that I can not get 4G signal with Rogers Canada.

I asked support from Rogers and they said since Rogers does not carry the Xperia Z5 Compact, and my sim is working properly with other phones, they cannot offer me help. 

But the funny thing is that my dad's sim, a Rogers sim, is working properly with this Z5 Compact, but mine is not.

Can someone help me? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

@Hip_The_King,

Can you please go to Settings > More > Internet Settings.

This will download the internet settings for your network, in case there is a mistake or typo in any of the settings. 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Is the phone working with Rogers 4G LTE with your dad's SIM card? if it's not then it might be a compatibility issue. 

Hip_The_King
Visitor

Hi Uliwood,

I just tried my dad's sim card again, it didn't have 4G anymore, weird.

So, how can I fix this compatibility issue?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Settings > about phone > which Z5 version do you have?

Hip_The_King
Visitor

Xperia Z5 Compact, Model number is E5803, Android 6.0.1, build number 32.2.A.0.305

The phone is from US

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Ok 

LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300) - E5803, E5823

Rogers LTE 4 7 12 

it should be compatible, how old is the SIM card? have they enabled 4G LTE with your account?

Hip_The_King
Visitor

It's a brand new sim card, and I do have LTE enabled on my account. I put my sim into 3 other Xperia phones and they all have LTE

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Do you have the correct APN settings?

Hip_The_King
Visitor

Yes, I have it as Ltemobile.apn

The "contents" of the APN is corrected too. I asked Rogers Canada and they guided me through that, still doesn't work.

YoGem
Leader

If you go in settings, more, cellular network: is the preferred network set as LTE?