Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z5 Adaptive brightness issue

SOLVED
Andrej123
Visitor

Xperia Z5 Adaptive brightness issue

My all new Z5 has a issue with the adaptive brightness. It is way too dark. Even compared with my Z3. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrej123
Visitor

It is a different problem than the color distortion. The light sensor works but it seems that it is not calibrated. Indoor screen brightness is at a minimum level.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Andrej123
Visitor

It is a different problem than the color distortion. The light sensor works but it seems that it is not calibrated. Indoor screen brightness is at a minimum level.

PerSONYified
Visitor

Not sure what can be done, but gotta say, my Adaptive B'ness (AD) works very well.  The point here is that soo many different people, all with the one Phone model,  find my soo many different issues and problems.  Either we're all expecting something completely different or these phones are being manufactured in different factories, all with different processes, materials and/or specifications.  Whatever the reason, $1,000 per phone is either a fine swan song for the Sony phone story, or a rip-off, or Sony mismanagement with manufacturing contracts.  Read my Post 'Flaming Hot'.

Andrej123
Visitor

I know what you mean, but my z5 was next to my old Z3 and the difference is amazing. The Z5 ist just dark with AB, it´s not a question of personal preference.

Spinworkxroy
Visitor

Yes..compare to my z3..the screen is also much dimmer. The adaptive setting works.differently. Not a big deal, just need to set the setting higher than the z3.
Andrej123
Visitor

I've set it to 100% with AB but unless you put it under a lamp it's dark like the dim before the screen turns off.
vikkiekaye
Visitor

Hi

I too am having problems with the white balance on the selfie camera when trying to film.  I've changed all the white balance settings and the moment I press record, it turns dims (drastically too).  I have only had this camera phone a couple of days and am still in my 14 days grace period to try it.

Is there anything I can do to change this?  Unfortunately this is far worse than my z1 - yes, the main camera is better, but I don't use this as often and if there isn't anything I can do, then I cannot use this at all and will have to swap it for a Samsung.  

I'm extremely disappointed and this is a deal breaker as I film a lot of tutorials for my YouTube channel.

Reemul
Visitor

Hello

I purchased Z5 Compact a couple weeks ago & had the same very low adaptive brightness issue when in a shaded room - it was fine when outside.

I found the minimum brightness level is controlled by the "Quick Settings" menu (the one that you get when you swipe down twice from the top of screen) - it has a sliding brightness adjuster.

Once I set that slider to 50% the adaptive brightness never went below that.

Hope this helps someone.

harrienak
Visitor

Tried that (the Quick Settings slider), but doesn't work for me. Did it work for anyone else?

If I crank up the brightness with this slider (let's say to 75%) before I turn on AB, the phone dims as soon as I turn on AB (I am indoors w/o bright lighting).

After that, if I return to the slider it sits at 100% so with this, I can only dim the brightness even more. 

Apparently when AB is on, this sliders '100%' means: '100% of whatever AB comes up with' so you can never get more brightness than that.

Michael207
Visitor

Notice, when you turn on you Z5 the screen is really really bright and just before it's fully powered up, contrast and saturation drops really heavily!?
This is done by software. Even with auto brightness turned off and screen brightness turned to maximum. It's ridiculous.
And really annoying!