Join now - be part of our community!

Wifi signal dropping

SOLVED
Sam38
Visitor

Wifi signal dropping

My z5 dual wifi works fine with router but when I connects it to my other mobile lyf flame 5 it drops wifi on hotspot
I tried ota update factor reset and hardware check by workshop but problem is still there

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam38
Visitor

For me also it looks like compatibility issue

Thnx

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Sam38

I'm a bit confused, are you saying that WiFi stops working when you enable Hotspot? if so, that's how it's supposed to work

Sam38
Visitor

Hot spot enabled on my lyf flame 5 the other mobile and z5 connected via wifi but wifi keeps stopping

Wifi notification goes and than reappear and than goes

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Sam38

Ok, could you test the hotspot with a different device, also, forget and add the hotspot again. 

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi Sam38,

Welcome to the community,

It may also be a good idea to contact the manufacturer of the device that is providing the Hotspot, as this seems more Hotspot device orientated.

Sam38
Visitor

For me also it looks like compatibility issue

Thnx

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

No worries glad we could help Slightly_smiling_Face

Sam38
Visitor

Yup
After reset I contacted to local technician and he said only z3 and z5 have this issue
It's a hardware compatibility issue
profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

I have a Z5 compact and my friend an Z3+ only on android 6 the signal is broken even often 4g (LTE) mostly and wi-fi. On android 5.1.1  and 5.0.1 there are no problems at all! We did a downgrade after the automatic system upgrade to 6. Bad upgrades regarding also the sound quality and camera's (the quality is better on factory generic firmwares)!

I hope this helps!

AMCA
Visitor

I have messed around with this for months. I have been through two sets of Xperia Z5Dual and it is the same. From what I have read it is a problem in Android 6.0. Google might have fixed the problem in stock android but Sony haven't got around to pushing out a fix...

Anyway I have found that the phone's connection is much more stable on previous iterations of the WIFI standard. The modem/router provided by my ISP will only operatin in 802.11AC, so I went out and bought a second hand 802.11N AP just to user for my phone (http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/WNR1000.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic).

It is kind of stupid hack to have to set-up a WIFI network just for my phone but a US$15 router beats replacing a US$600 phone...