Join now - be part of our community!

Loss of message notification light after upgrade

SOLVED
Hallett505
Visitor

Loss of message notification light after upgrade

This morning (22 September 2016) I accepted the updrade to version 23.5 A1. 291  and since then I have noticed that my message notification light no longer works. So far I have disabled stamina mode and performed a restart but the issue still persists. Any suggestions for a fix would be most welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hallett505
Visitor

Thanks, after restarting it a couple of times and running in safe mode and then back to normal, it now works!!  All good!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Does the notification LED work at all?

Hallett505
Visitor

Well it was yesterday, before the upgrade

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Hallett505,

Welcome to the community.

That's very peculiar. Thinking_Face As uliwooly asked, do you see the notification light at all? For example, when you plug in your phone to charge, is there the charging light?

Can you please also test your phone in safe mode and see if the same issue occurs?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Maybe the issue is not the update but it will be wise to repair the phone with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Hallett505
Visitor

Yes, I just plugged in to recharge (the battery has lost 40% in 4 hours by the way, which is way more than usual) and yes the nofication light is on (dark orange) showing that recharging is occuring

CameronT
Champion

@Hallett505,

Does this happen with all app notifications? Or just messaging for example?

Hallett505
Visitor

I started in safe mode and sent a text and teh notification light flashed a few times but then stopped

CameronT
Champion

@Hallett505,

Try going to Settings > Apps > Messaging > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data, then restart your phone and test it again.

If it is still doing it, do the software repair uliwooly suggested as it is likely to resolve this issue.

Hallett505
Visitor

Thanks, after restarting it a couple of times and running in safe mode and then back to normal, it now works!!  All good!