Join now - be part of our community!

Update 23.5.a.1.291 battery optimization

SOLVED
DiegoSalazarG
Visitor

Update 23.5.a.1.291 battery optimization

So today my Xperia Z3 updated and a screen saying something like:
The maximum amount of charge has been reduced to optimize the batter. Check ... to change it.

Then another screen came on top of it so I couldn't read the previous one carefully but it looked important because my battery went down from 52% to 40% after 5 minutes of update (this must've something to do with it).

What was the full message cause I couldn't find anything related in Settings-Battery optimization other than the return of stamina mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christofer
Champion

Hi @DiegoSalazarG,

The setting for this can be found in Settings > About phone > Status > Battery optimization.

Your phone will need to restart if you turn the feature off or on.

What this feature does is that it adjusts the amount of charge to increase battery lifespan.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Christofer
Champion

Hi @DiegoSalazarG,

The setting for this can be found in Settings > About phone > Status > Battery optimization.

Your phone will need to restart if you turn the feature off or on.

What this feature does is that it adjusts the amount of charge to increase battery lifespan.

AKALLAS
Visitor

Where will arrive update for The single with tv?
ikramkhasim
Visitor

What does this mean? Do you mean the phone will not let the battery be charged to 100% (although I charged overnight and it was 100% in the morning), OR that the battery will not be "rapidly charged" if say I plug in a 2.0 mA charger? Sometimes the explanation Sony provides is vague.
Fexjo
Visitor

This is what i think..

Our phone has auto-stop charging feature when the battery is "full"
However, the phone determine the full battery from it's voltage. For example 4.2V ~ 100%
and when our battery reach this voltage or percentage, it will stop the charging.

BUT, after we use our phone for some months or years, the battery condition cannot reach this voltage anymore.
For example, 4.1V is the max voltage it can reach
That makes our phone to continue its charging even when the battery is full (at 4.1V) overcharging

This Update may change the "full" battery scale to 4.1V to prevent over-charge to our battery so that we can have a better battery condition.
ikramkhasim
Visitor

But what about the voltage when charging? Will it make rapid charging slower?
CyberChulo
Visitor

Something seems to be wrong. I have the d6603 and just applied the update. It's been at least 10 or more minutes and after two phone restarts, my battery still says 100%.  Surely it should be down the mid 90's by now. 

ikramkhasim
Visitor

I got that too after charging overnight. It stayed at 100% for 10 minutes or so with normal use until it started rapidly declining. This was with charging optimization off. So I'm still confused about what either (on or off) does.
Fexjo
Visitor

No, the charging happens when there is a different voltage between the battery and the charger..
For Example, the battery 3.6V ~ 0%, and the charger using 5V. The voltage difference will still the same (1.4V) and will stop when the phone orders to stop the current at 4.2V (default)

This update only change the voltage state of 100% (ex: at 4.1V) and scale it down. So our phone will only use about 90% of its battery capacity, but scaling it to 100%
That makes our phone charging quicker, but also drain faster.. just like having a smaller battery.

But, this options is used to prevent overcharge to our battery so i suggest we use this feature (if your phone aged >6 months)

*quick charge only supported on Japan version*
Fexjo
Visitor

100% for a long time can be happen when you battery is at good condition (probably aged <6 months)
So when the threshold of 100% is at 4.1V, your battery is still at 4.2V that explains the 10 minutes extra