Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to directly download data to SD card(NOT INTERNAL MEMORY)

SOLVED
Bhavin_Darji
Visitor

Unable to directly download data to SD card(NOT INTERNAL MEMORY)

I am using UC browser mini and trying to download any data directly in external memory card...

It shows " The current storage card is unavailable, please choose the another one"

17 REPLIES 17
Bhavin_Darji
Visitor

Yes, You are right but my all application are in the internal storage and I want to use external storage only for storing the other(not application related) data using those application, like download torrent directly in to external storage. And I checked in the other android device (google android one phone), I can download any file in to external storage using UC browser and also using torrent app.

Rickard
Master

The only explanation i can see for this is that your other phone has modified software or it's not following the Android standard regarding this.

But while i would not recommend doing the change to the system you have done i'm glad to hear that you found a solution for your apps.

Bhavin_Darji
Visitor

Yes, It is true that modifying system files is not good, but I checked on the other device, is Google's own android phone (Android ONE) with same app and same version.

Rickard
Master

I'm not very familar with Android One i'm afraid but as i understand it, they are not Googles own models.

See this for example: https://www.android.com/one/india/

They list phones from different manufacturers and then it says:

"Google tests Android One phones to ensure they’re fast and responsive -- and that they stay that way over time."

How Xperia Z Ultra works in this case is standard for Android and this is also described in the link i posted earlier.

Bhavin_Darji
Visitor

I chose android one device because it has unmodified android os. i think I found something in that you may help me.

I saw in the android one device, the external memory card is named as sdcard0 and in my z ultra the external memory card is sdcard1, in z ultra the internal memory is selected as sdcard0 so every application's default path and read write access is granted in sdcard0 and not sdcard1. This might be the issue...

Rickard
Master

The issue here is not the phones software. sdcard0 should point to the internal storage and not the external sd card in Xperia Z Ultra. sdcard0 is used for the external SD card in some older models we had that didn't have any internal storrage.

Bhavin_Darji
Visitor

But the phone which I checked have internal storage of 8gb.

Faaiz1
Visitor

Plzz help me i can't download any files directly to sd card from any browsers😭😭😭😭