Join now - be part of our community!

Notifications not Working When Phone in Sleep Mode

SOLVED
macshimi
Visitor

Notifications not Working When Phone in Sleep Mode

Hi

I took delivery of my Z3 Compact last month and overall it is fine. It is completely standard, out-of-the-box, with no Apps that affect the system.

I have found a very annoying issue with the Notifications sound when the phone is in sleep mode, ie the screen completely black either due to the time-out function or when I press the round power button.

The problem is that no notifications come through; if I am expecting a work email, I constantly have to wake the phone up and as soon as the lock screen appears, so do the notifications.

How do I get the phone to always send a notification sound, even when in sleep mode.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hampus
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

It sounds like you have activated STAMINA mode in your phone via Settings > Power management > STAMINA mode. You can add apps to be active in standby if you go to Settings > Power management > Tap STAMINA mode > Apps active in standby.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Hampus
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

It sounds like you have activated STAMINA mode in your phone via Settings > Power management > STAMINA mode. You can add apps to be active in standby if you go to Settings > Power management > Tap STAMINA mode > Apps active in standby.

macshimi
Visitor

Thank Hampus, I have set that up, and yes,  did browse through the links.

shivanishah
Visitor

I am using xperia M2. I dont receive notifications when the phone goes in sleep mode. I tried disabling the stamina mode still didnt receive voice call from whatsapp, then I enabled the stamina mode again and included whatsapp to receive notification, but still didnt have any updates. I had to wake my phone up and then I would get notification as 4 missed call or 7 messages and so on.. Can I disable this sleep mode. and why does my phone stops using wifi when in sleep mode. I would like receive notifications as they are important for me. Please help me out as to what am I missing on the phone. I also changed the sleep minutes after inactivity to 30 minutes but still not being able to get notifications from whatsapp voice call or whatsapp messages. I have the latest software update on m2 from sony and even the latest update from whatsapp.

Kuba5262
Visitor

Try to add this app to active in stamina mode: settings>power management>stamina Mode>apps active in standby

Carlos1981
Visitor

i am also having this problem the phone does not notify me of any messages received from watts app while its in sleep mode (screen is black) is there a way for this to be fixed coz what good is it if you have to constantly wake the phone up to check for messages

Kuba5262
Visitor

Try: Settings -> sound &notification ->interruptions-> priority interruptions

Of course in android 5.0

adi3
Visitor

Please re-open this issue. I am also having this problem since updated my D5833 to 5.0.2. When running kitkat, it worked normally. It applies to all apps using GCM (sms works fine). I've put all apps, including Google Play Services on whitelist stamina mode; turned-off stamina mode; turned-off queuing background data; priority interruption setup to always interrupt, but none solved the problems. (Notification) Messages are delivered only when I open the apps. Please fix this annoying problems
Kuba5262
Visitor

Autosynchronization? Is it enabled?

Maybe try reset to factory settings...

adi3
Visitor

Google account for some services are on. The point here is that gcm might not be working on z3c running Android 5.0.2 in sleep mode. I can receive WA msg or Textsecure msgs when those apps are opened.