Join now - be part of our community!

Called number often does not get stored in log!

SOLVED
McVitas
Visitor

Called number often does not get stored in log!

Hello if it was a one time incident then I would not mind so much, but it happened several time already and that is pretty bad! Somebody tells me a number or I see a number somewhere. I quickly ring it and hang up because I am in a hurry and want to save it as a contact later. To my surprise there is nothing in a call log! Anybody experienced it as well? Just imagine that a hot chick would give me a number in a club and then I wouldn't have it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It's in storage option

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Well luckily, the hot chicks in clubs only speak to guys with iphones, they're that fickle.
As for the call log problem, go to settings / apps and find the app called phone, phone management and phone and message storage,

Clear the data and cache from them
*this may delete messages, so back them up before if you Wanna holla that chick from the club who messaged you that one day by mistake, thinking you were MacVitas, then it got awkward.....

Anyhoo, good luck.
McVitas
Visitor

Oh that story sounds funny and luckily did not happen yet, but believe me noone would find it funny if he was the one without that number Winking_Face

Can't find that app - can it be called "Kontakty" in czech language? If I go to advanced settings - default apps it is there set as "app for calling", so is it that?

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It's a system app, so when in setting, click the cog and select "show system" to show the calling apps.
The one you mentioned sounds like contacts list, which may clear all contacts.
McVitas
Visitor

Unfortunately neither of those 3 apps have any option to clear cache...

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It's in storage option
McVitas
Visitor

Ah yes. So I clicked clear cache button but nothing seems to have changed - it still shows 12kB used. So not sure if anything happened...
McVitas
Visitor

OK the clear data button worked. So I will see how it behaves now...