Join now - be part of our community!

Google play won't auto Update apps

SOLVED
TheDoubter
Visitor

Google play won't auto Update apps

Hey any1

Google play on my Z3 won't auto Update apps. It won't even notify me if there were any updates at all.

Settings is on "update always ", or something like that. I've done a few factory reset, but to no avail.

Any1 els experience the same?

best regards

edit: I almost forgot. I'm on latest marshmallow version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

if you white list multiple apps that will be scanning the playstore for update or apps/services that require data, it will defeat the purpose of Stamina mode. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Do you have stamina mode on? 

playstore > swipe left to right > settings > auto update apps > Auto update apps at any time. Data charges may apply. 

TheDoubter
Visitor

Hey thanks for the reply Slightly_smiling_Face

Yea Stamina mode is on.

could it have something to do with "Battery optimizer"?

I have already excluded play store, but maybe I need to exclude another service?

Btw my settings is already at "Auto update apps at any time. Data charges may apply".

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

That's the reason it's not working. 

TheDoubter
Visitor

Stamina mode?

if that's the case is there a workaround so Stamina mode can work with play store?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

if you white list multiple apps that will be scanning the playstore for update or apps/services that require data, it will defeat the purpose of Stamina mode. 

TheDoubter
Visitor

l still have the problem, even without stamina mode on and I'm still getting no notifications.

The only notification I get is battery drain.

But it seems if my phone is charging it has no problem auto updating my apps Face_with_stuck-out_Tongue

I suppose I have to wait for an play store update or something like that.

Best regards