Join now - be part of our community!

After MM cannot pair android wear

SOLVED
Night64
Visitor

After MM cannot pair android wear

After the MM upgrade I had to change my SmartWatch from Motorola to LG. Now I am unable to pair it with my Z3+ Dual. Bluetooth keeps turning on and of on its own. I've already tried to factory reset both the phone and watch, to no avail. Tried to software repair also with Xperia Companion, with the same results. The only constant is the Bluetooth keeps turning itself off and on. I can pair the watch with my older phone (running MM also) like a charm.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Night64
Visitor

I'm worried that, since the back glass is shattered Sony will refuse to honor the warranty. Even if the problem isn't related to a cosmetic issue. I've made a video on YouTube replicating the issue here: https://youtu.be/ZcaU_MIO4tk

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @Night64,

Sorry to hear that.

If this wasn't resolved by repairing the software in Xperia Companion I recommend that you contact your Local support in order to have your device sent to and examined by an authorized service center.

Night64
Visitor

I'm worried that, since the back glass is shattered Sony will refuse to honor the warranty. Even if the problem isn't related to a cosmetic issue. I've made a video on YouTube replicating the issue here: https://youtu.be/ZcaU_MIO4tk
priit224
Visitor

Hello!

I have exactly the same issue. Bluetooth for my Z3+ constantly switches itself off and on and connection to my other bluetooth devices is lost. I'm already pretty frustrated. I had the same issue with previous Sony Xperia Z3. I hoped that Z3+ would be better, but seems not. I also tried with factory reset and no success. I would even say it's a little dangerous as I have experienced the bluetooth connectivity lost during driving my car with bluetooth headphones and when suddenly connection i lost I have to reach out for my phone and it happens even several times during one phonecall.

What can be done to fix it? Is there a way to determine what happens by some logs where bluetooth related connections are logged? Is there somekind of program for that? So far I haven't found any really useful tools. If I'd send my phone to repair shop, I probably have to do it several times, as mostly nothing is really checked after they send it back first time. And I need my phone during that time what might take more than 2 weeks...

I've owned so far 3 Sony phones and seems that this one is going to be the last one... unfortunately. I like it and it's waterproof and so on, but issues with bluetooth connectivity and the issue with overheating when for example recording even short video is not really acceptable thing.