Join now - be part of our community!

Mobile radio off, unable to turn on

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
Ejnorth
Explorer

Mobile radio off, unable to turn on

I have a Sony Xperia XZ2, after heavy and clumsy use, the screen has separeted from the chassis, the phone worked fine for another 4 hours, then suddenly the mobile radio stopped working, Ive restarted the phone, tried entering *#*#4636#*#* and turning the mobile radio on, but it doesn't seem to turn on even if the slider is on the "on" side. Also it doesn't save if I go out and enter again. Is there anything I can do to further diagnose?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NO.title
Ejnorth
Explorer

SOLUTION!

I disassembled the phone (following this guide, up until step 10). I found that the connector that connects the mobile radio and the fingerprint scanner had come loose (see picture). I just popped it back on, et voila! actually quite an easy fix, as my screen is already loose from the chassis ☺

Here is a picture of how it looked as I found it.

View solution in original post

profile.country.NO.title
Ejnorth
Explorer
8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Use the support app for testing and if necessary take up contact with Sony.

(to start with)

Come back for further tips if needed.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Are you using a 3rd party app for FM radio on your phone?

profile.country.NO.title
Ejnorth
Explorer

Sorry for the bad explanation, it's the cellular radio. The radio that connects to the celltower, that is not working correctly.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

That's Ok , i was just asking because i found this article that says Xperia XZs series do not have FM radio and you have to download a third party app for it: https://bit.ly/3yQ3Y3h

profile.country.NO.title
Ejnorth
Explorer

SOLUTION!

I disassembled the phone (following this guide, up until step 10). I found that the connector that connects the mobile radio and the fingerprint scanner had come loose (see picture). I just popped it back on, et voila! actually quite an easy fix, as my screen is already loose from the chassis ☺

Here is a picture of how it looked as I found it.

profile.country.NO.title
Ejnorth
Explorer

Thanks for the input, Sony wasn't of much help, however I found the solution myself! (see other comment)

profile.country.NO.title
Ejnorth
Explorer

That looks like a sketchy link to me! However I found the solution, see other comment.

profile.country.NO.title
Ejnorth
Explorer

DSC01890-2.jpg