Join now - be part of our community!

Z3 Dual Synchronize issue

ratacit
Contributor

Z3 Dual Synchronize issue

Seems that even when I turn off synchronize accounts I still receive notifications so obviously the phone still synchronizes. Most annoying is the Yahoo mail app.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Curnow1
Contributor

It isnt synchronizing it just pops up when you slided the notification to remove it.  Press on the notification and then close the app and it should be ok

ratacit
Contributor

If my phone is on data, screen locked, it will wake up and show me that there is an email. I don't want it to check the email. I'm happy doing it manually.

My understanding is that if there is no synchronization there are no notifications.

Curnow1
Contributor

No the notification will show up about unread emails. The auto synchronization will only automatically update for new emails if you turn it off you will have to do it manually by clicking refresh or by sliding up In the email app

ratacit
Contributor

So there might be a bug.

Scenario: phone untouched on the desk. I sent myself an email from the computer. Email goes out. I don't touch the phone and seconds later I get a notification on my phone that I have an email. Auto synch is off. If I don't get it please someone explain to me. If auto synch is off I need to open the app (yahoo mail) pull down to refresh and then get the mail, right?

Thanks
Hampus
Champion

Is it only the Yahoo mail application that you experience this behaviour from? What happens if you configure the Yahoo mail into the preinstalled Email application and disable push for it, does it still give you an notification when you get a new Email?

ratacit
Contributor

Seems that the Yahoo mail app was the culprit. I have unistalled it, configured the Yahoo mail into the preinstalled Email applicationand seems OK. 

I will try for a while and report back. 

Thanks! 

Hampus
Champion

Sounds good! Keep us updated. Slightly_smiling_Face

ratacit
Contributor

Mail is fine but Facebook keeps synchronising.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Hampus
Champion

What kind of data do you mean that is synchronizing with Facebook? Is it related to Messenger? Or do you mean that you are receiving notifications from Facebook?