Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia E4g - PC companion not showing menu-options

dblt
Visitor

Sony xperia E4g - PC companion not showing menu-options

I got a new sony xperia E4g. I have installled PC companion, phone is detecting but no menu is shown.

I have tried uninstalling & re installing and running with admin rights...but still the problem persist.

I installed PC companion in a different PC and is working fine showing menu and all options.

Both PCs use the same OS (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit).

Please help

4 REPLIES 4
Phy
Legend
Legend

Seems to be a problem with the PC. Perhaps a firewall preventing PC Companion to install properly.
Hampus
Champion

Hi,

Just like 

dblt
Visitor

Thank you all for your prompt response. I have turned the firewall off and the problem persists. I also have the latest Java installed and both PCs use the same antivirus.

The strange thing is that the menu options (contacts, backup etc) appear when I install PC companion,  but disappear permanetly as soon as I connect the phone.

Hampus
Champion

It's very hard to pinpoint exactly what the problem could be but I suspect something with your PC configuration since it works just fine on another PC. Unfortunately I'm no computer expert but I suggest that you look into which programs you have installed that relates with USB connectivity, ports or Java. It's possible that these could conflict with PC Companion in some way.