Join now - be part of our community!

Neo V goes in Boot-loop after Bluetooth Switch On on ICS

raghuraj_nanda1
Visitor

Neo V goes in Boot-loop after Bluetooth Switch On on ICS

I have updated my Neo V to ICS from GB. As informed by Sony ICS ROM is bit slow and performance is affected too & Sony also informed customers that Xperia 2011 Phones are not going to have JB update. I AM OK WITH THAT.

But they never informed us that ICS ROM would be unstable to the extent that it can fail at any point of time. The Latest ROM of ICS goes in Boot-loop afer some switch on & off of Bluetooth, I have to flash the phone thrice thru SUS. I am unable to understand if a ROM can crash at any point, then what's the difference between Stock ROM (which needs approval at various points, at lest Sony Says that). If a ROM has serious Bugs which needs to be removed a OTA update is must. Dear Sony you need to learn to keep your promises by not just releasing ICS but a stable ROM of ICS.

If these are the service standards & build quality of Sony phones I think one should prefer cheap china phones instead.

Can some one from Sony help me doing away with boot-loop due to Bluetooth on ICS?????

14 REPLIES 14
Samuel1
Hero

This is not a general issue with this firmware. If your phone still has these issues after a software repair you should send in the phone to a service center as there is not much you can do by yourself to solve this.

Contact your local Xperia Support for more information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

raghuraj_nanda1
Visitor

Dear Samuel,

If its not general issue with the firmware " how come my phone's bt works fine for some on/off cycles and one file day the phone goes in bootloop?" if its HW issue it should remain there after repair with SUS & not work smoothly for some bt on/off cycles.

Please clarify..

Samuel1
Hero

A generic issue is in my world something that affects all units of a specific model. I would still recommend that you send in the phone to a service center so they can take a look at it.

Prakash552
Visitor

This is a general problem in .587 update....even sony send me a private messege when I post this problem in neo v section...dont misguide ur customer...pls....

nabs
Visitor

Samuel, this is a general issue and happened with me too.

This bug seems to have plauged all the Xperia 2011 that are on ICS.

Frankly, now I have lost all hopes of any bug fix as well as trust on Sony.

Amish
Visitor

Hi Raghuraj,

The exactly same problem i have faced twice in 3 months.

Firstly, when i switched on USB Tethering

Secondly, when i switched on Bluetooth.

I sent my phone to a local repair shop both times and they charged me quite a lot to get the software updated as he himself sent it to sony service center.

CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW ANY OTHER PROCESS( FLASHING or ROOTING with a stable ROM) so that the next time if it occurs( which i am quite sure it will !!), then i can atleast do it by myself rather than spending bucks on it.

Thanks in adavnce

raghuraj_nanda1
Visitor

Hi Amish,

Actually I have stopped using Bluetooth due to this error.

& I sworn to god that I WONT BUY / Suggest any one to BUY Sony Phones.

U may try CM10 Stable ROM of JB for NeoV but for that you need to unlock your BL (Which may void your warranty!!!!! sorry a minor correction "can some one explain what is "WARRANTY" to SONY ppl?".

raghuraj_nanda1
Visitor

Dear Samuel,

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR GREAT SUPPORT TO SONY............

BTW can you comment on the build quality of sony phones?? (As I have seen 50+ ppl with same bootloop complain in this forum).

Once again thanks a lot for helping me opening my eyes....

Anguished_Face

gourav53
Visitor

My phone goes into a boot loop after switching on Bluetooth what to do now can I do it on my own because I have no recourse to go out on service center it is the worst phone I have ever used..dnt buy Sony its a headache....