Join now - be part of our community!

[4.3] Xperia Z keyboard multi-language support

mytsk
Visitor

[4.3] Xperia Z keyboard multi-language support

21 REPLIES 21
MissRopedancer
Visitor

I thought twice before I installed the update as I know this bugs already but installed it anyway.
Now I wish I wouldn't have.
I keep writing many messages in 3 different languages. The keyboard switch/ language switch was perfect for me and I truly miss it now.
Really regret installing the update Slightly_frowning_Face
TimTim
Visitor

Maybe those struggling with mutiple languages in combination with Xperia's default 4.3 keyboard should look into an app callled Swype Keyboard.

I installed it yesterday and I am so happy I can switch between languages again.

Just by pressing and holding space bar.

Not sure if I am allowed to post the link, but since it seems to be a solution i don't see any problem:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuance.swype.trial

There's a lot more functionality in this app, but delving into them stretches too far beyond the topic.

Only one thing: I am not sure how safe it is to use a third party keyboard, the company seems legit.

JakeSully
Contributor

yea i noticed sony removed multiple language layout when having swedish and english but it works if you have hungary and Nowegian or something like that then that button appears 😕 while in 4.2.2 it worked better

Linde
Visitor

I have the same problem with switching languages, before the update with the language switch button it was easy to use 5 languages and now you are restricted to 3 or you have to take a lot of irritating and time consuming steps to change the language and look of the keyboard.
and now you get only 3 languages trough each other with auto-correct, that is very annoying!! 

i want the old keyboard from before the update back! is it possible to get it back soon?
i use 5 languages in my daily life so this keyboard is extremely uncomfortable and inpractical! 

JoLi
Visitor

Good to hear that I am not alone with that Problem. It is unacceptable that such a small Problem like a language key should not be fixed! For the Swift- or Switchkeybord you have to pay after one month. So why spend money for stuff that Sony should undo. So support, pls DO IT!

Niva
Visitor

Any news on this? Just got the Xperia z1 compact, upgraded to KitKat and there is no button. This is extremely frustrating as I regularly use my phone to write both Swedish and English messages. More frustrating is that this works perfectly on the htc. Any ETA on the fix, or is there somehow a workaround?

Miguelanjo
Visitor

Another one. I just come from HTC and I'm used to write in 4 different languages... Please note give back the choice of language within the keyboard!
Steswe
Visitor

Yeah... I only switches between English and Swedish but it's still really inconvenient and annoying to not be able to change language for keyboard.

RainbowDazed
Visitor

Any news on this?
Oclair
Visitor

I recall paying for a working Sony phone not building a phone from frys electronics....