Join now - be part of our community!

whoops!! lookout notification is showing 391 apps ...

SOLVED
Ahmed-Haroon
Visitor

whoops!! lookout notification is showing 391 apps ...

hi all,

my device mentioned in Signature below.

installed Lookout app is showing 391 apps, i have installed only 14 ( 391 - 14 = 377 )... 

there are 377 apps installed by its System, 5 apps in japanese i have disabled but what about others, these are huge number of apps, how to uninstall unwanted apps? can somebody help as settings is not showing all 377 apps and those it is showing are not all uninstallable.

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

@Ahmed-Haroon

Hi there, 

Apart from the ones you see when you first open Apps in Settings (80-90-100) the rest are system apps. If you manage to delete any of them, your OS might not work properly or not work at all. OS is 10-11 Gb and it includes all those apps (actually these are services required by the OS to work). 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahmed-Haroon
Visitor

4 days gone, nobody know about it? how i can get rid of unwanted apps to free storage and reduce memory usage  ? Thinking_Face

Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

@Ahmed-Haroon

Hi there, 

Apart from the ones you see when you first open Apps in Settings (80-90-100) the rest are system apps. If you manage to delete any of them, your OS might not work properly or not work at all. OS is 10-11 Gb and it includes all those apps (actually these are services required by the OS to work). 

Ahmed-Haroon
Visitor

ok, noted. its company policy.

raxp
Visitor

If you're even find a way to delete it (unlocking and rooting a device), this does not mean that you'll free some space on your phone for another data. Your phone's flash memory is divided into multiple partitions, two of which are User data partition (where all your data and apps you installed are stored) and System partition (where all system apps are stored). They have fixed size, so if you delete system app, you cannot simply use freed space for your data.

Some system apps receive updates through Google Play and all updates for system apps are installed into User data partition (that's because System partition is read-only). So if you want to free some space with system apps you don't need, the best thing you can do is to find apps that can be disabled and do this for each:

1) Disable that app

2) Remove all updates for it (in System settings there will be that button instead of Uninstall)

3) Clear data & cache for that app