Join now - be part of our community!

Weird sound quality through the speaker

Di_Yes
Visitor

Weird sound quality through the speaker

Hi everyone,
I bought Sony Xperia X in June this year. Never had issues with the phone till this time. Few days ago I noticed that the sound through the speaker became bad. It's not clear. You can hear the noise, like you are listening a vinyl record. The sound through ear phones is still good, as it was from the moment of purchase.
Does anyone have an idea of what could happen to my phone?
Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

what app are you using in playing music?

have you tried changing the sounds settings?

try to play some music while you are on safe mode

Di_Yes
Visitor

I listen the music with standard music application or watch it on YouTube. Even the standard sounds are played with a noise. Rebooting in safe mode didn't help..still hear the same wheezing sound.
Did somebody ever reported on faulty loudspeakers on Sony devices? As I said, the sound through earphones is okay.
Di_Yes
Visitor

Had a chance today to compare the sound quality of my phone and stock one. The comparison was done by playing system sound 'rasalas'. The stock one plays it clearly
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Contact your Local support regarding this

Di_Yes
Visitor

I definitely will contact them. I'm more curious, if it's hardware fault or system upgrade could possibly affect the sound quality

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I don't experience this with my Xperia X, it'll be wise to get it inspected, if possible record some videos, upload them on youtube

Di_Yes
Visitor

I think, I will require a good microphone to record that. For sure, the guy in the shop also hears the difference

Askari175
Visitor

I have Sony xperia x faulty only loudspeakers on my Sony devices are working but not earphones.
Di_Yes
Visitor

After a replacement of "faulty" speakers by local service center, I still got the phone with the same cracks in the sound during playback.. problem is not solved..