Join now - be part of our community!

Weird sound quality through the speaker

Di_Yes
Visitor

Weird sound quality through the speaker

Hi everyone,
I bought Sony Xperia X in June this year. Never had issues with the phone till this time. Few days ago I noticed that the sound through the speaker became bad. It's not clear. You can hear the noise, like you are listening a vinyl record. The sound through ear phones is still good, as it was from the moment of purchase.
Does anyone have an idea of what could happen to my phone?
Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Di_Yes
Visitor

The problem appears after the software update to 34.0.A.2.292. The phone was returned to me with stock software and I had no issues with the sound. Any ideas?
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

If the phone was returned with earlier software, they may have replaced it.
Or, something else, it'll be on the returned documents
Di_Yes
Visitor

Checking the phone with a newly installed software update 34.2.A.0. 266 with Nougat. Hope the problem has been resolved now
Seems to me, the sound quality issue only appears on previous software build
Garai
Visitor

I try to run my handset in safe mode but nothing is happened, problem is still available.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Maybe you can find some clues by reading some of these items.

Esteban21
Visitor

Same for me... I have almost two years with the phone and this weird speaker situation started yesterday... Probably is a software situation... The bad news for me is that I don't have warranty since last year.. 

Tags (1)
schetz
Contributor

@Esteban2well, if it's a software error you don't need waranty. So here's hoping it's that.

In which case you should probably try factory reset or repairing with Xperia Companion.

Fingers crossed.

Di_Yes
Visitor

I have tried to solve the issue with the Software Repair by Xperia companion (first suggestion made by official Sony repair service). That doesn't work.

I've stopped updating the software, as it seemed to me the problem is in the new released software. The current version on my Sony is 34.3.A.0.252.

Hope this info will be useful