Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia X turns off after booting.

852The_K
Visitor

Sony Xperia X turns off after booting.

So I have been using my xperia X for 6 months now but suddently, the phone didnt turn on normally even tho I pressed the power button for it to restart, It just didnt work so I tried the power button + volume up key to restart it and it worked! it restarted, the normal, Sony sign/ powered by android, the X, and then the xperia sign with colors switching I have noticed that time that it wasnt normall cause it took longer time than usual to boot but when it was done, as soon as the lock screen appeared, the phone turned off automatically and it returned back to where I started, the black screen and all. 

So I tried turning it on several times but the turning off thing happens all the time. I have noticed that when its in black screen, the notification led on top is working, I can charge it but it doent show anything. Its like turning on but just no screen I have to force restart/shutdown it by the power button+volume up to make the screen on but after that, same proccess, when the lock screen shows up, it will turn off. 

Somebody please help me the phone is so important to me if this foesnt work, I will have to buy a new one.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@852The_K 

If your phone is stuck in such a loop, you'll have to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory, thus you'll lose any data stored on the internal memory (SD card contents will not be affected).

Before you start the repair process, make sure that your phone is turned off and charged. You can force your phone to shut down by pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons for 10 seconds, ignoring any vibrations generated. 

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

852The_K
Visitor

Thanks for the reply @Quester ! I appreciate it !

I would like to perform the Xperia Companion but I am worried about all the pictures, audio and all other files which contains all the memories and also files that I really need and it is all inside the internal storage. I would be so glad if there is a way of restoring the files before repairing it with the xperia companion. I have already tried some applications over the internet that could restore such files from broken phones but unfortunately, there was a problem it was either  the device isnt supported or it needs the phone to be unlocked and in my case is immpossible. 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@852The_K

Unfortunately, if the phone is already stuck in a boot loop then there's no way to access the data on the internal storage. You can try to catch the few moments the phone shows the lock screen and try to restart it into safe mode (use the link for the steps), and if the phone successfully booted into safe mode then you have some hope.

852The_K
Visitor

Thank you so much @Quester ! 

Yeah thanks for the advice unfortunately, I can open it in safe mode cause I can see in the bottom left portion of the screen, there a panel which states safe mode but as always, it automatically turn off so I basically cant do a thing. I am performing the software repair on the xperia companion now its been so slow. Its been 3 hours seen I started it I dont know if its because of my internet cnnection or because of the laptop but I have no choice but to wait.

Thanks again for the help !

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@852The_K

Internet connection might be the culprit, the download files are usually around 1.2-1.5 GB.

zapamendoza
Visitor

Im having the exact same problem and cannot repair it, could you solve it by trying on a different pc?

852The_K
Visitor

Hi ! Just an update about this matter,

So I have finished the software repair via Xperia companion aboout weeks ago and it did made a change I can actually able to press the PIN now but after that, sadly thesame problem repeats. I have already sent a request to sony for the repair they already pick it up and is under repair now.

----I will update soon-----

Tags (1)