Join now - be part of our community!

Sony X Compact Bluetooth connection calls with car stereo problem

Human1
Visitor

Sony X Compact Bluetooth connection calls with car stereo problem

Hello.

Basically my father bought a new phone 'Xperia X compact', well in a few weeks he noticed a problem with his bluetooth connection with his car stereo Ford 6000 CD (2006). The problem was that when he called or someone called him, he could only speak 20 seconds - 2 minutes, before the bluetooth disconnected, and was forced to speak with his phone using one hand while driving ( illegal ). Well first of all i thought it was the stereo which was causing the disconnection, but after trying with 4 different phones, this never occurred again ( We tried with 'Sony M2' , 2x different 'Huawei p9 lite' phones  and some phone called 'Prestige' ). I also tried several things that i read from the internet like running phone in 'safe mode' , Factory reseting the phone, Changing the wifi freaquency, turning the language to English etc, nothing helped. We even cleared bonded phones from the stereo and bonded the X Compact again.
So we went to the local sony repair place and they did a software reinstall or something which did not help. We gave them the phone again, this time giving a detailed description, they didn't do anything besides connecting the phone to the headphones for 1 hour. Also they refused to do anything else to this phone saying if we want help we should contact to Sony.
We also made a video which shows that when the call has lasted 1 minute and 21 seconds the car stereo says ''Unavailable'' and in the phone, bluetooth has disconnected from the stereo.
After the disconnection, if we waited about 20 seconds to 1 minute it reconnects and we can speak through car stereo again...
Can someone please give us some advice what should we do because the phone is only 2-3 weeks old and already having problems. Especially with calling which is the main point of the phone.. ( Also if possible i can send the video somewhere, it's 1 minute 27 seconds long and takes 128 MB of space. )

4 REPLIES 4
Blowerd
Visitor

Did you ever fix the problem

Human1
Visitor

No, I did not.

We had that phone refunded and bought another phone (not sony). Works fine with any other phone, just not with the sony x compact.

Ozon_Aleksei
Visitor

With Sony X Compact also works. Problem in Android 8.0 Oreo.

All the problems Bluetooth connection are due to Android 8.0 Oreo.

In Android version 7.1 these problems were not.

pseudonym
Contributor

To be honest, I think it really has to do with a particular car Bluetooth system you have set up. I have not had any problems whatsoever with the X Compact and a Subaru Bluetooth system. In fact, the X Compact (with Oreo) has been far more reliable than the XZ1 Compact, for some reason.