Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X Plugged in, not charging

Zhangdyi
Visitor

Xperia X Plugged in, not charging

Hi all, I have problems with my F5122 charging. It doesn't appear to be charging when I plug it in using the OEM wire and adapter. However, it does charge and sync only with brand new wires, out of the box. I can't seem to see any physical damage on the charging port. This brings me to my question, does the daughter board of the charging port have any microchips that could have been fried? Since I can't see any physical problem with it, maybe the problem stems from the daughter board being fried? 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Zhangdyi

I'm sorry to hear about this issue but since it's a hardware issue it'll be almost impossible to figure out what's the problem since it could be hardware related, it'll be better to contact your Local support to get it inspected >>> Local support.

What seems to be odd is that new cables work, does it feel loose when you connect a cable?

Zhangdyi
Visitor

Thanks for replying! The cables feel as springy as newly opened jelly. Could high amperage charging have affected the port? I was using 2.1 amp chargers previously, and the connectors did seem pretty toasty after use. Didn't have any burning smell though.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Zhangdyi

it should've been ok, you really need to get it inspected by your Local support