Join now - be part of our community!

Software update 34.4.A.2.97 installed

paraben
Visitor

Software update 34.4.A.2.97 installed

Today build 34.4.A.2.97 came available (The Netherlands), containing the Androïd security updates from july. I installed the update through Xperia Companion. So far no problems. Merely the clock layout on the lock screen had changed after the update, which I had to set to the preferred layout again.

10 REPLIES 10
Ozon_Aleksei
Visitor

Also got this update, but I'm not in a hurry to update anymore. I want to ask those who have updated: have they removed the accordion from the status bar?

I want to ask Sony, how long will they be patching up Android 8.0? The Chinese on their smartphones already Android 8.1 install, and Sony is still Android 8.0 treats.

Leejjon
Visitor

I'm also in the Netherlands. But I'm still on 34.4.A.2.70.

I thought my phone had the roms of KPN Mobile NL, but since that's still on 34.4.A.2.50 it'll probably be another.

https://xpericheck.com/device/F5321

paraben
Visitor

@Leejjon,

You can check this version by entering the code *#*#7378423#*#* then choose "Service Info" and "Software info". The item is called "Customization Version".

I have 1305-6830_R1E, which seems to be version DE. I bought the device in a Dutch webshop, but it was delivered from Germany. The original installed language was German, so was the language on the leaflet in the box.

I'm on Vodafone NL, but normally I don't wait for the software update announcement on my phone. I regularly check the actual version by connecting the phone to Xperia Companion. Mostly I discover the new update before my phone receives the message.

sam72
Visitor

Since updating to 34.4.A.2.97 my Wi-fi won't connect. 

I've tried to repair the system using Xperia Companion but this hasn't solved the issue for me. 

Has anyone else encountered /solved this problem? 

pseudonym
Contributor

I have not experienced that problem, but if you're stuck, you can clear all network settings and see if that helps.

go to the network panel in your settings app, and click on the upper right menu. Select "reset network settings". You'll probably have to reenter all of your network keys and re-pair Bluetooth devices, so make sure you have all the information you might need written down beforehand.

Leejjon
Visitor

The Xperia Companion says I have the latest software. Apparently I'm on 1305-7676_R2E

Screenshot_20180727-165734.png

paraben
Visitor

@Leejjon,

According to the version code table you have version "BLX", I guess that stands for Belgium/Luxembourg. This version didn't seem to get updates during the last months, see this link:https://xpericheck.com/cda/1305-7676.

I think it's strange that some regional versions don 't get the last security updates, but it sure looks that way...

analias1
Visitor

Hi Sam,

Yes!! I am having the exact same problem after the Xperia X software upgrade to 34.4.A.2.97!!

I have detailed it in my post here: /t5/Xperia-X/Wifi-dropping-connections-amp-Hotspot-not-working/m-p/1335884#M6961

This started a week ago after I applyed the update! Very frustrating! My post details all the fixes I have tried without success. Today I factory reset my phone -- still no success, the WiFi problem is still present after the factory reset. I am considering buying another phone at this point -- I have had it with Sony. This is a disaster!

Ozon_Aleksei
Visitor

I felt like I shouldn't rush the next update 34.4.A.2.97! Now, in addition to all the numerous errors Android 8.0 Oreo and even the problem of working with Wi-Fi added. When is this over?