Join now - be part of our community!

Screen capture movie not on Xperia X Compact?

SOLVED
Hekkie
Visitor

Screen capture movie not on Xperia X Compact?

I'm missing a great feature on my X Compact.
One can now longer capture a screen movie. It was there on the Z models.
There are apps in the Play Store but these don't do the job as well as the build in feature from Sony.
Please put it back in.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @Hekkie,

As @alexdon mentions this function has been removed. I'll be happy to forward this as user feedback if you'd like.

The great thing about Android is that it's so customizable, there are lots of apps available on Google Play that might allow you to record your screen. @nolramlb had a suggestion, I haven't tried it myself but it seems to be getting good reviews on Google Play. If this app is what you were looking for, feel free to share it in our App suggestions thread. Slightly_smiling_Face

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/App-suggestions/m-p/1164148

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Hekkie Are you talking about screen recording? Indeed removed, sorry to bring bad news.

alexdon
Hekkie
Visitor

Yes that's the one. I hope it will be back in a future update. With my Z3 Compact, on Lollypop and later Marshmallow, I didn't have any issues.
Hekkie
Visitor

Hopefully Sony can give us a sneak peek in there kitchen about this?
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Az screen recorder is probably one of the best screen recorder out there
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @Hekkie,

As @alexdon mentions this function has been removed. I'll be happy to forward this as user feedback if you'd like.

The great thing about Android is that it's so customizable, there are lots of apps available on Google Play that might allow you to record your screen. @nolramlb had a suggestion, I haven't tried it myself but it seems to be getting good reviews on Google Play. If this app is what you were looking for, feel free to share it in our App suggestions thread. Slightly_smiling_Face

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/App-suggestions/m-p/1164148

Hekkie
Visitor

Please do Didrik. Send it forward.
lucasvic
Visitor

You can try using Snagit, the best screen recorder for Andorid and iOS device. 

Xellos81
Visitor

But why did Sony removed such a useful (and well working) feature like the screen recorder...

Just unboxed my new Xperia X Compact and no waterproof nor screen recorder...

Come on Sony, you should upgrade the new devices, not the way around.

Gt3911
Visitor

Yep. Pretty sad. I broke my z5 Compact and feel like the X is a downgrade. Lots of little things missing. My Z was a better device all around. 

Sony please hear this. If your next compact is a half effort I'll be leaving the sony brand after being with you guys since.... the X10. You've let me down with this X big. 

It is an OK phone. But its no Z5c which is a step in the wrong direction. The recorder worked great. 

This phone feels cheap in comparisson.