Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with contacts because two accounts

paul_the_46
Visitor

Problem with contacts because two accounts

Hello together

I use a Google account together with my wife and the calendar from it. The contacts uses only my wife, I use another online contacts provider. Now my problem. I just can not get it solved. In Telefeon, Mail, WhatsApp and Telegram, probably more, I see all the contacts. In each of these apps I get my contacts, my wife, the telegram and whatsapp.

I have selected in the Contacts app -> Contacts to view -> Custom view -> Personalize -> Only my online contacts provider. However, the one and only app that displays this correctly is contacts. If the other apps has an option to set the same setting, I always load in the settings of contacts, and there it is already set.

I also tried "label". It didn't work too.

5 REPLIES 5
schetz
Contributor

Did you by any chance clear data of those apps so they can rebuild contacts ?

Somehow I presume (could be completely off though) you installed the apps, and did contacts thing in the end, while they all possibly synced together.

I haven't really tried something like your usage, so restrictions that I'm unaware of , might apply.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You might have a look at your other online contacts provider to find a syncing link somewhere.

On the other hand you could just start by going to settings, tap on the magnifying glass, type 'sync' and follow the link provided by your phone and check that all accounts are synced.

Clearing cache as @schetz suggested is a good way to resolve possible misfits too.

paul_the_46
Visitor

Thank you.

I had already tried that. But I did it again. I went into Settings -> Apps -> WhatsApp -> "Stoppen erzwingen" and after that -> Memory -> Clear Cache and Clear Data. Of course I had to re-register with WhatsApp and did not restore the backup. Now I only see the right contacts here.

As I just remembered, that was the last test. A few hours later all the contacts were back there again.

But now I got the idea that the apps "play over" each other's contacts. I'm going to delete the data of all apps accessing the contacts (except contacts themselves) tonight. And then set up the apps individually again.

I'll let you know if that worked.

paul_the_46
Visitor

Sync ist not my problem, I think. All other contacts were not allowed to sysnc expect my own provider.

paul_the_46
Visitor

No. I really go stupid. Some of my contacts are write-protected, some are linked. I'd never done this. Most of the links I separated. But after all ... The same Problem like before. The contacts from the google-Account appaer after a while. I really hate that behavior. That was one of the reasons, if not "the reason", why I always avoided Android(s).