Join now - be part of our community!

Not getting Quick Charge on X Compact?

grininja
Visitor

Not getting Quick Charge on X Compact?

I am using an X Compact with Android 7.0, build 34.2.A.0.311.

I tried quick charging it with an UCH12W charger from Sony and with a portable battery Anker PowerCore QC3.0. Tried with different cables, disabling Batery Care, no Stamina mode active.

Any app in the store that diplays/measure charge current shows 1500mA. A fix value. Like it is restricted somehow. Sometimes first values are above 1500mA (~1600-1700) but than slows down and settles at 1500mA. I am getting similar results with regular chargers... So I bought those quick chargers for nothing

It's not only about what apps reads or measures. It shows in real life. In 30 minutes, with the screen off, it charges from 25% to only 52%. 

What's your experience with this kind of issue?

20 REPLIES 20
Tribemusic
Visitor

The charging speed is fast only at the beginning of the charging process, but than slows  down pushing down the total time.  

Charging my phone (android 7) with a 2a charger it takes not less than 2:20 hours to charge from 5% to 100%. Charging it with a computer or the airplain entertainment system it may need 8 hours. 

It is good for people who charge often already charged battery, but that kills the battery longevity, and the designn doesn't seems friendly for a battery change (heat glued curved glass). 

I would day battery charging is a big weakness of the x compact

Visitor

@Tribemusic wrote:

Charging my phone (android 7) with a 2a charger it takes not less than 2:20 hours to charge from 5% to 100%. Charging it with a computer or the airplain entertainment system it may need 8 hours. 

Pardon my ignorance, but do phones exist that don't behave this way? My understanding is that the lower amps provided stuff like most computer usb ports and airplane entertainment systems only allow for fairly slow charging. 

I've been very happy with my Xperia's charging, but maybe that's because I was coming from an older model handset.

Kuba5262
Visitor

I'm using UCH10 QC 2.0 and my XC charges about 1 hour and 40-50 minutes 15% to 90% with max 2100 mA current

Screenshot_20170316-210325.png

carostrelec
Visitor

The same here, charging almost 2 hours to 100%, tried 2 different Quickcharge 3.0 chargers (Ravpower and Aukey) and different cables, always the same.

Sony, please react!

Ernie1
Visitor

UCH12 and UCH20 makes absolutely no difference to this phone’s charging speed.

Both takes 2hrs 27min to get battery from 0% to 100% with phone turned on, screen turned off.

It means there’s no QC in here.

KhodianRobby
Visitor

Surely no QC 3.03 on X Compact, it's fake and abusing us.

It's not even match my other xperia Z3 Compact's charging speed and toughness. Z3C charge from 10% to 100% in less than an hour. And it endure same as XCompact. Sometimes even longer. 

I can even charge while gaming and yet still got battery increased on Z3C.

On XCompact, you'll end up die in the middle of gaming though on charged. 

XCompact charging is the worst charging system in this smartphone era of all smartphones.

Kuba5262
Visitor

what kind of charger do you use?

Z3c supports QC 1.0 as I know...

Xcompact supprts QC 2.0

KhodianRobby
Visitor

@Kuba5262 wrote:

what kind of charger do you use?

Z3c supports QC 1.0 as I know...

Xcompact supprts QC 2.0

Ordinary oem charger and cable of Oppo 1A for my Z3C.

XCompact supports QC 3.0 on technical specifications. Yet it's not camparable to my Z3C speed or any other smartphone without QC.

Kuba5262
Visitor

My bad...2.0 & 3.0 support of course for X compact

1.0A is not enough for this phones

Std sony charger is 1,5A 5V

QC charger is 1,8A with 5V, 1,7A with 9V and 1,275A with 12V (it's sell separatelly)

QC 3.0  regulates smooth this values while charging

KhodianRobby
Visitor

I asume that QC 3.0 is better in handling any type of charger. So, suppose i charge it with 1A charger, it should be at least have similar speed with QC 2.0, about 1A input.

But no, though i charge it with 2A charger, still Z3C (QC 2.0) with 1A charger is faster. That is what quick charge intended to, right?