Join now - be part of our community!

Moving WiFi & Bluetooth Icons to home screen

Fabian_Pruitt
Visitor

Moving WiFi & Bluetooth Icons to home screen

Hi, First post

I've had the phone a Sony Experia X for a year now, but because I'm 72 and not Gadget savy enough I generally use the phone to make and recieve calls and thats about it.

I'm in the process of starting a small website selling DIY Tools to the public and trade and need to be able to get on line when I'm out and about seeing suppliers and customers. Meeting with people and fumbling with your phone as if it belonged to someone else and you've just borrowed it to look something up isn't very proffessional and I'd like to bring the WiFi & Bluetooth buttons to the home screen, but I don't know how.

At present I've got to fumble with the settings icon and then the WiFi button to see if I'me in range of a hotspot so I can look up a customers details on my cloud or some other device at home.

It would be much simpler to have both icons on the home screen along with the other icons so you can use them at a glance rather than make a plonker of yourself seeming to not know what you are doing. It doesn't send the right message.

So how can I get these Icons to the home screen, preferably without using an app to do it.

Thanks a lot

Michael.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi Michael,

The easiest option that is at hand is to swipe down twice from the home screen.

You will not get into settings but instead find a black screen with icons.

Icons to tap to switch off or on WiFi, Bleutooth, Mobile Data et cetera.

You mention starting a bussiness.

If so, think big and buy yourself a better data option from your provider.

I myself have 2G of monthly data/phone/sms and never have to worry about connections.

Mobile network is always connected.

Even more:

Connected to public WiFi hotspots, your data safety is zero whilst connected to mobile data your data are protected.

Fabian_Pruitt
Visitor

I also have a 2GB monthly allowance, but it never seems enough. Will go back to Tesco when the business gets off the ground and double it.

Thanks for the swipe info.

Michael.