Join now - be part of our community!

How to upgrade to Oreo?

SOLVED
barMan
Visitor

How to upgrade to Oreo?

Hi,

First of all, Sony support don't want to understend my problem and help.

My phone doesn't got any update/upgrade since 7.1.2 (about one year).

How to upgrade to Oreo or patched version of Kitkat?

It is not unlocked nor branded or something like this.

Sony support ask me to wait but I see that something is wrong with updating my device.

I bought two devices the same time. One is on Oreo now, second stops to update.

ZZ

20 REPLIES 20
barMan
Visitor

Sorry, but I need more help 😞 When I try to do software repair I got:

Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

@barMan

Try to uninstall and reinstall Xperia companion. See if it helps. 

barMan
Visitor

It is fresh install just for this purpose (new laptop), so I don't think that reinstalling can help.

I try to do it in other machine/network environment later.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Then try, there is a choice somwhere, device not recognised.

That will do the trick.

h0m39url15
Visitor

I've seen some different opinions on here. On xperia x you go to the system heading then to software update. Swipe across to system update & download from there. It is a huge download & seems to have had some problems. I must be getting old, most of the people here are mentioning things I don't know about. 

schetz
Contributor

@h0m39url15 not an option here since user is on Concept track, which ended, meaning no more updates on that.

Therefore it requires preferably an Xperia companion repair option, or flashtool. 

h0m39url15
Visitor

@schetz - So concept for xperia x is an experimental program that uses stock technology and it needs some type of uograde/update from Sony itself. Never heard of this until I googled it. Thanks for that though schetz I'm a total newbie & can only cover basics lol. 

Tags (1)
barMan
Visitor

Hi,
Seems it is not network problem, or Xperia Companion. Just it doesn't work.

Maybe exist posiblity to flash Oreo without unlocking device?

schetz
Contributor

@barManIf it doesn't work, you could try Flashtool. It's a bit more manual, but still easy.

Some details here

@h0m39url15yep, something like that.

Since inTouch community/forum closed, if you want , //shameless plug// , you could read a bit more on unofficial wiki a some of us created back in a day.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hey @barMan

Just try again.

First backup with Xperia Companion.

With your battery charged for more than 80%

Phone switched on

Connect to computer

Start Xperia Companion

Choose Software repair

In the lower left corner you can check mark the option: My device cannot be detected or is a SmartWatch 3

Click next in the lower right corner

On the left choose Xperia Phone or tablet

In the lower right corner click Next

Agree that you have your Google account name & password and click next

(Even better: go back and delete your Google Account from your phone before you do the software repair. Once forgotten your phone will be blocked and you will have to go through a procedure at Google to re-acclaim your account on your phone which will take a few days built-in delay)

Either your phone will be detected or you will have to choose your phone yourself. (this is where I don't want to go further anymore because I don't want to reïnstall the lot)

If you get an error here then you should follow @schetz 's advice and use Flashtool.