Join now - be part of our community!

Headphone confusion

Trekker23
Visitor

Headphone confusion

I know there's headphones issues but I've not seen this one yet. 

My headphones work ok other devices but not my x compact however 

Other headphones work on this x compact.

Same in safe mode 

Help! Can't figure this one out

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Trekker23

Does any headphones work with your phone?

Trekker23
Visitor

Yes other headphones work and these used to but I don't know when they stopped and don't want to buy more in case they don't work too. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Trekker23

That's odd, you could boot in >>> safe mode this will disable third party apps that could be acting up 

Trekker23
Visitor

Like I mentioned... It does the same in safe mode... 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Trekker23

@Trekker23wrote:

Like I mentioned... It does the same in safe mode... 

my bad

Ozon_Aleksei
Visitor

Read my posts. By a strange coincidence, after upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo on our smartphone stopped working high-quality headphones.

Ozon_Aleksei
Visitor

Today my Android 8.0.0 Oreo got a new build 34.4.A.2.50

My headset Audio-Technica is working again. I think that with this build will work and other headsets mentioned in this blog. I think that this problem is Android 8.0.0 Oreo removed.

Thank you all for your help and participation.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Ozon_Aleksei

I'd have thanked you too for your patience, but hey! It's fixed and I'm happy for you Slightly_smiling_Face

4aceb14e
Visitor

I'm using an B&O BeoPlay H3 ANC, and the upgrade to 34.4.A.2.50 did nothing for me.

They worked perfectly fine under Android 7, but throughout all Oreo version they are not detected by the phone.

However, but using completly passive 3,5mm headphone jack adapter I can trick the phone and use them. So I'm fairly sure there are still some software shenanigans going on.