Join now - be part of our community!

Diagonal lines on display

Balpreetkhtra
Visitor

Diagonal lines on display

My phone have tiny diagonal lines running across the display they are very visible display is like its textured is my phones display have issue or these lines are normal? 

12 REPLIES 12
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Preet9090,

Would it be possible for you to show us a photo of this?

Are they like little dots that shine in the light?

Balpreetkhtra
Visitor

No they don't shine in light but they are visible in dark and more visible on light colours. they are like display is textured and display seems like of lower resolution. 

goolllgol
Visitor

Hi !

I'm joining this thread because i think i have the same problem. 
My father just got his brand new XA1 and a day after he bought his silicon protection and screen protection, he got a weird line. Its straight, and brighter than the rest of the screen..
It's definitely not a scratch cause it's gone when the screen is off. I took a picture to show you. 
Does anyone from Sony have an idea where it could come from? And what to do ?

Thanks a lot for your time guysIMG_20170909_214010.jpg

CameronT
Champion

Hi @goolllgol, welcome to the community.

So that line is visible on all screens even in the same position? I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange an assessment.

balderdash
Visitor

I have the same exact problem with my sony xperia xz1, newly bought. These are diagonal gridlines creating a display texture on the screen-- kind of like how pixels are separated by black tiny intersecting lines. On my screen, the pixel separation forms an obvious diagonal gridlines.

Focus on the back icon below and you'll see the diagonal grid lines. It looks exactly like that throughout the screen. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 11.07.52 PM.png

AReissen
Visitor

I confirm. At me these lines are also observed. Specially I checked other Xperia models - the screen ideally clean.
This shortcoming very strongly irritates, frankly speaking. Lines on light sites of the screen are noticeable. The image seems washed away, flickers. SONY what to do?

Jr8
Visitor

I have the same problem, not sure if it's a defect or normal. 

Thinking if I need to send it for repair

Jurocker
Visitor

Hi, 

I am having the same problem, that my XZ1 (black) has those same diagonal black lines on the screen.

My phone was on repair, because it had also the grey "stain" on the screen.

They changed the display for my phone and still those lines are visible.

What makes this problem very strange is that my wife has the pink version of the same phone, and her screen is flawless!

To conclude, changing the screen in repair might not fix the issue. I am reporting this problem again to seller and we'll see what happens.

Even my older Z5 has better screen than this. I am deeply disappointed for the quality of this screen. 

Balpreetkhtra
Visitor

yes sony quality is getting worse sony ericsson made best phones.my xperia x was heating a lot and than these screen issues even after replacing the handset i kept it for 5 months and now im using xioami mi a1 using since 7 months no problems.i was also not interested in chainese phones but there are no option plus quality is also pretty great with xiaomi