Join now - be part of our community!

Crazy light sensor after Android 8 update

Marco_Bau
Visitor

Crazy light sensor after Android 8 update

Hello everyone!

Today I have update my Xperia X to Android 8. During the day I do not recognize particular problems, except something strange. Now in the night I am experiencing a big problem with light sensor, it is completely crazy, seems to be hysteresis-free: the lights goes down and up with just a very slightly change in ambient lights! The phone is not usable without deactive light adaptation.

Anyone have this issue? 

25 REPLIES 25
Eos4001
Visitor

Good evening I understand that it is not understood. The problem is that in addition to the problem of the keyboard, even if with so much effort I can write, when I send, everything I wrote goes wrong and is transmitted badly.

Buonasera comprendo che non si sia capito. Il problema è che oltre al problema della tastiera, anche se con tanta fatica riesco a scrivere, quando invio, tutto quello che ho scritto va in errore e viene trasmesso male.

Marco_Bau
Visitor

I think that an hard reset is not a properly solution. Probably you will waste your time, and maybe data. Wait for an update.

Question:

Single sim or dual sim? I have the second one.

Eos4001
Visitor

Dual Sim

sonnet81
Visitor

i am using xperia x...few days ago i updated my phn from nouget to orio. after update to orio. i am fscing some prblm like phn getting slow, most importantly screen light fractuate very much... wt can i do now....plz suggest me

AlexUnder20101
Visitor

The same problem on dual-sim Xperia X F5122 white, Oreo. When will the update will come?

SilviuBogdan
Visitor

I have the same problem with the light sensor on my Xperia X F5121. I did a hard reset after the oreo update and it did not solve the problem. Also does Xperia X have the PIP feature? If yes how do you use it? 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@SilviuBogdanPIP mode is only supported by some app, like Youtube, Google Maps, Duo, VLC and some other ones. in case of Youtube, you need to have paid Youtube Red subscription (available only in some countries). for Google Maps, PIP only works in navigation mode. once you start navigating to some place, you can press home and the PIP winow will appear. for Duo it activates when you start a video call and press the home button, and VLC has it as an option that needs to be enabled in the app's settings.

SilviuBogdan
Visitor

@najodleglejszy thanks for your response

schetz
Contributor

For some reason, it remedied itself on my X after a few days on first Oreo build.

I certainly haven't seen it on February patches build, so maybe it solves itself with that build for others.

Ronnie3
Visitor

Same problem here with the crazy light sensor, did anyone find a solution or do we just wait for an update ?