Join now - be part of our community!

Crazy light sensor after Android 8 update

Marco_Bau
Visitor

Crazy light sensor after Android 8 update

Hello everyone!

Today I have update my Xperia X to Android 8. During the day I do not recognize particular problems, except something strange. Now in the night I am experiencing a big problem with light sensor, it is completely crazy, seems to be hysteresis-free: the lights goes down and up with just a very slightly change in ambient lights! The phone is not usable without deactive light adaptation.

Anyone have this issue? 

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Just a bit of patience and maybe meanwhile switch off adaptive brightness.

Ronnie3
Visitor

Shall do 👍 cheers for the reply 

Rekiotsu
Visitor

Hello. Yes! I have the same problem. The constantly subtle changes in the light of the phone which are really annoying, also the screen is darker than it used to be. Had to turn off the auto adjust feature too. Just updated so haven't noticed other problems yet, but I am worried about  the battery drain problem people have been talking about. Sony please do something and don't mess peoples phones with updates.

Update to my reply above: This thread is apparently for non compact X, accidentally posted here when this popped in the suggestion when making new thread to X Comact site. So my device is Xperia X Compact.

Ronnie3
Visitor

The battery before the update use to last the day but now it doesn't but the same thing happened in the previous update and Sony fixed it with a few bug fix updates so hopefully they'll do the same this time. 

Koptan
Visitor

i have the same problem after april security roll up, all sensors dead including light sensor, proximity, accelerometer, and gyro, all dead!

Xperia X Android 8.0

schetz
Contributor

Have you tested sensors in service menu?

You have those either by typing *#*#7378423#*#* in dialer, or through main menu.