Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth randomly disabled on X Compact - even in latest firmware!

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Bluetooth randomly disabled on X Compact - even in latest firmware!

Good morning everyone,

i´m sorry but i´ve to say that even with the latest FW for the X Compact, bluetooth is randomly disabled!

I already did a factory reset on my device last week, for your information, my X Compact was delivered with nougat as stock firmware...

Yesterday, i put my Huawei Smartwatch Classic in the dock for charging and my x compact on the night desk...7 hours later, bluetooth symbol is missing and no connection to my watch - bluetooh disabled!

I think this i really a major bug and needed a fix! Android Wear App is updated to newest version, Android Wear 2.0 for watch wasn´t released for the watch classic this time so it´s running on 1.5. But i´m not sure if this i a problem of the android wear part as bluetooth was disabled also on devices without a smartwatch also...

So what can we do? Please help and have a look in this thing, in a german android forum i found also users with the same thing on newest firmware to this problem is not resolved for us...

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
27 REPLIES 27
Christofer
Champion

For anyone else experiencing this I'd appreciate if you could capture a bug report as described earlier in this topic and I will forward it for investigation. Thanks!

tkg
Visitor

Don't know about bug capture but my x compact also randomly disables Bluetooth. Seems to be a problem since last software update. Have done factory reset but fault persists. Wondered if I had missed a setting somewhere but looks like others have same problem. 

Christofer
Champion

Hi @tkg, I'm very sorry to hear this.

If you could capture this in a bug report and send it to me I will make sure that it gets investigated.

To do this:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number.
2. Go back and select Developer options then set Logger buffer size and change it to "4 MB"
3. Restart your phone, then wait for this to happen again.
4. Go back to Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report" followed by "Interactive bug report".

When the report is ready you will receive a notification. Tap the notification to share it. I suggest you upload it to Google Drive and then choose to share a public link to the upload and include the link in the PM.

freepoc
Visitor

Same problems with Bluetooth randomly disconnecting on my Z5 Compact. Here's what I posted in that forum. To be clear, it's not a solution it's a workaround until we get a proper solution from Sony.

You are welcome to try my program which checks for Bluetooth every 10 minutes and, if it is off, turns it on.  The program is here: http://www.freepoc.org/download/RestartBT.zip

The program sleeps apart from when checking for Bluetooth so it doesn't use many resources (battery etc).

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Malcolm

rothnroller
Visitor

I have the same problem Cristofer. I have had the phone about 2 weeks and installed the latest firmware update earler this week.

In your instrcutions you say to "wait for this to happen again" (point 3). Do you mean "wait for the bluetooth to randomly switch off" before taking the bug report (point 4)? 

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

@Christofer Please give us information about that bluetooth issue reports in google forum!

There is a thread with exactly the same problems on pixel and pixel xl devices! Bluetooth randomly disables, and it seems that google fixed this bug in Android 7.1.2 - so maybe this isn´t a hardware related thing?

My device was in service an i´ll got it back with information that bluetooth is working fine...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/UamV0tnZKNE

Please have a look in that forum, what do you think?

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
rothnroller
Visitor

Hi again

whilst awaiting a response form Christofer I did some research on Google and came across the link below:

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/fix-nougat-bluetooth-issues/

Last week I tried option 5 (disable battery optimisation) and ticked the "don't optimise" option for the bluetooth services.

So far my SmartBand has remained in Bluetooth connection to my phone.  This may be a workaround solution to the problem whilst we wait to the Android Nougat patch.

profile.country.IT.title
Michelasso
Contributor

So I wasn't getting mad. I thought it was because sometimes I put the phone in the pocket and it is on (although I' was sure I switched it off), and it starts randomly clicking stuff around.

Anyway, personally I noticed it with 7.0 May 1 security patches. With March 1 security patches (because we skiped the 1 April update since Sony in all its benevolence isn't regularly updating the Italian phones as I wrote in a thread that apparently has been deleted) I didn't remember to have the issue.

Anyway, @rothnroller, I am not sure i can find anymore that option just to disable the bluetooth in the battery optimisation (but i was sure I had seen it already in the past). Could you please post a screenshot?

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Days passing by and no further information or response from Christofer or any other official...

I´ve to say it again, we need 7.1.2 to fix that issues!

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Nothing new. Days passing by...hope to see this issue fixed in Android 8.

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --