Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth randomly disabled on X Compact - even in latest firmware!

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Bluetooth randomly disabled on X Compact - even in latest firmware!

Good morning everyone,

i´m sorry but i´ve to say that even with the latest FW for the X Compact, bluetooth is randomly disabled!

I already did a factory reset on my device last week, for your information, my X Compact was delivered with nougat as stock firmware...

Yesterday, i put my Huawei Smartwatch Classic in the dock for charging and my x compact on the night desk...7 hours later, bluetooth symbol is missing and no connection to my watch - bluetooh disabled!

I think this i really a major bug and needed a fix! Android Wear App is updated to newest version, Android Wear 2.0 for watch wasn´t released for the watch classic this time so it´s running on 1.5. But i´m not sure if this i a problem of the android wear part as bluetooth was disabled also on devices without a smartwatch also...

So what can we do? Please help and have a look in this thing, in a german android forum i found also users with the same thing on newest firmware to this problem is not resolved for us...

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
27 REPLIES 27
sebbso
Visitor

same issue at 34.2.A.0.333. Lost connection to my BT OBD dongle and/or car radio after some minutes. re-pairing helps some times. factory reset is useless...

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Thank you! So any further information from officials for that case? What can we do? For me, using my smartwatch is absolutly unpossible...

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
MikelWard
Visitor

Me too with latest firmware (34.2.A.2.47).  Also using Android Wear.

YoGem
Leader

@SirRobinI confirm the issue and I can also tell you that I found a possible workaround: Turn off wifi. If I don't use WiFi (and its not a big problem for me as I have unlimited lte, it may be a nuisance for others) I can go days, weeks without the random Bluetooth disconnection. I need more Bluetooth than wifi for my Zenwatch 3, streaming audio and others. 

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Thank you for your workaround, this may help a little bit but can not be the solution! Even in latest FW update the problem still exists...

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Are there any official Informations about a fix for the bluetooth problems from Sony Mobile Staff? Even with latest Android Wear 2.0 update on Huawei Watch, bluetooth disabled randomly! 

I also tried my smartwatch 3, a few hours after setup, bluetooth on phone is disabled...! 

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
Vygv
Visitor

I contacted support, and they told me that it will be fixed with new os update. Didnt say when it will be relased.

Christofer
Champion

Hi all, apologies for the late reply.

This is being looked into and I will let you all know here as soon as I have any new information. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

@Christofer wrote me an email today and told me that this issue seems to be a hardware related thing and i´ve to send device to service point for check..so it seems that a batch of x compact devices comes with bluetooth problems as several users here also can confirm that problem...right?

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --