Join now - be part of our community!

Android Updates

ahrkitek10
Visitor

Android Updates

Hi Sony Devs,

Recent updates with Xperia™ X Dual seems loosing enough stability. I have noticed that my phone gets easily drained after the latest updates. Mine is running the w/ the latest Xperia X update and is only getting closely 4hrs of display time, before it gets to 5hrs.

Dramatically, speaker seems loosing its volume. Please check on this Sony devs, this is a very great phone. 

Thanks,

Ahrkitek™

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Sometimes software has to settle after an update.

Sometimes deleting apps can help.

Sometimes reading about battery care in the manual can help you gain longer battery life.

Not trying out all tips and just performing a factory reset is often the best way to improve overall performance. (don't restore all apps, just the ones you can't live without)

ahrkitek10
Visitor

Hi Strampke,

Is it really best to do a factory reset? Or should I just wait for the next update? 

Since I do not also want to reset and restore again my phone.

Thanks, 

Ahrkitek 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Then wait.

I think the september security patch will land very soon.

Take care that the battery is loaded at >50% , prefarably 80%

And if the update solves your problem, would you be so kind to mark a regular software update as a solution?

ahrkitek10
Visitor

Isn't it the September patch what I have just updated last week. Or maybe I should have to wait for the October patch.

Anyhow, I just need an update to bring back the longer battery life and top notch performance.

Appreciate your replies buddy. Will mark it soon once they nailed it on the next update and probably will not be updating anymore.

Cheers, 

Ahrkitek

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Still: Factory reset combined with just installing the most necessary apps is best to regain performance

ahrkitek10
Visitor

Indeed it is. 

Except for the messages cannot be saved.