Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
Bostjan
Visitor

I also had problems with xperia sp after updating to 4.3 - phone was slow to an extent of being unusable. However, even before update (on firmware 4.1) I found the phone quite slow.

I am very happy that I returned the phone to my carrier in exchange to nexus 5. When I got hold of it I really felt the change in responsivenes compared to sony. I cannot recommend it more - it has all the sony has + better responsivness, better screen, better battery life (yes, I have tested this), better camera minus bloatware. I got all of this for paying 50 eur more.

That was my second and last phone from sony. After having sony xperia S for 1 week and returning it because of wifi problems and after trying xperia sp and again returning it because of crappily written firmware I really wonder what are people at sony thinking about. 

People, don't you see that sony does not give a **bleep** about customer satisfaction after getting their money?  Of course, you can downgrade manually, but don't forget that this voids your warranty - staff at service centre would be more than glad to tell you you have just voided your warranty because you brought them phone that you had to downgrade because of crapilly written UPgrade!.  In addition to that downgrade means spending your a couple of hours of your precious time correcting mistakes of multinational corporation that simply does not give a **bleep**. Throw your sony into trash instead, and use those hours to earn money with which you can buy new phone that will actually work.

blackbox
Contributor

Downgrading does not have to void your warranty. Just use the flashtool off xda and don't unlock the bootloader.

martinmrmus
Contributor

it´s out: 12.1.A.1.201

Rhcp
Visitor

Not on my Phone, both Pc companion and Update service says I have the lastest (12.1.A.0.266).

Which country are you in?

blackbox
Contributor

Looks like it's time to post a link to the fabulous Update Checker!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2608983

Tells you which versions are currently available in your region. Also has a list of links to ftf files in case you want to jump the queue and flash manually (I see someone has uploaded .201 generic Switzerland already).

martinmrmus
Contributor

Slovakia, but i have seen that on sony side, not available in my country yet. I think i will manually flash it, just wait for some ftf CE
martinmrmus
Contributor

It great app, I have used it since today:) but some firmwares are shown just for branded phones. But if i download etc germqn gemeric,it should work okay in CE of other country, isn't it.
blackbox
Contributor

@martinmrmus wrote:
It great app, I have used it since today:) but some firmwares are shown just for branded phones. But if i download etc germqn gemeric,it should work okay in CE of other country, isn't it.

Yes that's right. Be aware that PCC and SUS will download future updates (if there are any!) for the region you flashed with - e.g. if you install German unbranded, you will get the next German unbranded release through PCC and SUS.

I flashed Australia generic a few weeks back and updated to .201 Australia gerneric through SUS today with no problems.

I see gerneric Swiss is available, but might be best to hang on until someone can verify which of the new ftf files are good.

martinmrmus
Contributor

And Australia is c5302 or c5303? Because there are some differences in radiofrequency. Are u from CE? Does it work correctly?
blackbox
Contributor

Aus = C5303. My phone was UK on the Orange network originally, and yes it's a C5303.

I don't know if it's safe to flash C5303 on C5302. I suspect if you don't flash the baseband it'll be fine, but you should really check with someone who knows for sure!