Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
Rhcp
Visitor

Well update is finally there. Does it help?

xEaGLeNeC
Visitor

If you are not having wifi issues, not worth upgrading imo. still slower than 4.1.2

thehrao
Visitor

So SONY finally took a step in the right direction with the Bug Fixing update. It is a little better than before now. The phone starts faster, but some apps are still failing, like viber which keeps crashing. Skype takes a lot of time to load. Multi tasking is mess especially when some app is updating or downloading. And Battery is draining a lot faster. In Stamina Mode, the phone literally behaves like if it has been awakened from a deep sleep. Sometimes, the wake up button has to be puch several times before the screen lights up. same thing also happens when downloading updates or installing them. 

And i have to ask this, whats with the camera, is it really 8MP, cuz i seriously doubt it. previously i owned P990i with 2 MP camera, Still have it in working condition and its camera takes a lot better pics than this 8MP camera.

Tags (1)
martinmrmus
Contributor

It seems Sony takes care on highends only. And middle and lowends are sunken with dust. Even upgrades are bugy and lagy for them. This is my last phone from Sony. Xperia care doesnt care. They know just one sentence. This is my "Xperience" with Sony.

abhayshanker4
Visitor

xperai sp slowed due to new update. what to do next or how can i get my older version back
razvan
Visitor

Hi guys

Initialy after latest update i had some lag issues with stock firmware (indonesia) for my c5302

Friday i decided to flash manually Indian version and now phone works great....even if the phone uses ~600 mb ram there is no lag Slightly_smiling_Face

masoudsony
Visitor

I uninstalled McAfee and mobigenie after that
I see big change in loading speed
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Antivirus can slow down the phone a lot.

alexdon
thehrao
Visitor

I am Losing battery much faster after the latest bug fixing update. does any one else have the same problem????