Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 update

SOLVED
Cory_Chasez
Contributor

Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 update

The new update totally screwed my mom's SP...I purchased it 2 days ago for her birthday and upgrade it...but It drives me insane!!! It slower, Lags each time opening an app and Chrome takes forever to load!!! And the worse thing is the screen Goes Black it freezes and won't turn on when I press the unlock button!!! I must use the force restart button at the back to get it right and I have Repair the software it self 3 times but what did I get??? Nothing!!! The problem Is still there amd now I'm totally feeling guilty about my self for giving my mom a Device that is almost unusable... I hope there's an end to this!!!

37 REPLIES 37
buckers
Visitor

how do you Downgrade to 4.1.2 as the new update 4.1.3 has ruined my phone performance?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
Quickspace
Visitor

I tried that, and the phone is still unusable, and I had to spend time reloading apps etc.

Quickspace
Visitor

Doesn't work.

Quickspace
Visitor

Mine has been this way for over a month, and Sony are hiding. Disgusting. I really had more hope of them as a company, but they won't admit there is an error with the update and are doing nothing to help us.

alvinjason007
Visitor

It's chrome causing all this.crap. Go to settings > apps > chrome > uninstall updates. That fixed mine.
amir_oio2
Visitor

Just wasted my money !!!

Tags (1)
gasbag
Visitor

I have tried a factory reset a couple of times and it's just as bad. We need the Kitkat upgrade!!!
ChiRho
Visitor

Uninstall Chrome Updates :  Tried this,and turned the auto update off.  Does seem to improve performance.  I noticed Chrome was using 80Mb before I uninstalled updates.  Now its using a little over 2Mb !!!

astroakhil
Visitor

Hi folks,

After the recent firmaware update 12.1.A.1.205, all these issues got solved. Now my phone is so fast, there is no lag, no freezing problem.