Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 update

SOLVED
Cory_Chasez
Contributor

Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 update

The new update totally screwed my mom's SP...I purchased it 2 days ago for her birthday and upgrade it...but It drives me insane!!! It slower, Lags each time opening an app and Chrome takes forever to load!!! And the worse thing is the screen Goes Black it freezes and won't turn on when I press the unlock button!!! I must use the force restart button at the back to get it right and I have Repair the software it self 3 times but what did I get??? Nothing!!! The problem Is still there amd now I'm totally feeling guilty about my self for giving my mom a Device that is almost unusable... I hope there's an end to this!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Elmo5
Visitor

Great!

It's not a permanent solution but improves the performance to a tolerable level.

Sony/Chrome support should study this carefully.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
manjuboyz
Contributor

Hi Cory

since you have tried everything from your side , you still can try to install one more time by using different computer make sure you have high speed internet, and connect your phone to the back USB of your Desktop if possible

even doing this nothing works then better take your phone back to Sony Centre

Manjuboyz Slightly_smiling_Face

NOTE:
Rate me(Kudos) If you are happy with my Resolution, Thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

Cory_Chasez
Contributor

Thanks but taking it doesn't work problem still exist...
manjuboyz
Contributor

Before taking, why dont you give a last try using different computer ?? it works in many cases believe me

Manjuboyz Slightly_smiling_Face

NOTE:
Rate me(Kudos) If you are happy with my Resolution, Thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

Cory_Chasez
Contributor

Well I will try it now using my Mac now and see how it goes..thanks!
Elmo5
Visitor

Try this: simply undo Chrome updates and reset the browser to factory settings. Then restart phone.

I know that sounds stupid but my SP was very laggy after JB 4.3, and I tried this Chrome-reset for another problem, It turned out that also the lagging reduced dramatically, plus of course the original problem was cured. I think the newest Chrome updates screw the whole phone up for some reason.

Haven't had any other confirmations so far but in my case it helped alot. Try it and report how it goes.

Cory_Chasez
Contributor

thanks! it did helped..and now i'm still downloading the firmware via SUS on my MAC.

Elmo5
Visitor

Great!

It's not a permanent solution but improves the performance to a tolerable level.

Sony/Chrome support should study this carefully.

stgermy
Visitor

My new Xperia SP has also become EXTREMELY slow after the latest update and it's easy for me to compare with another android phone my wife has a HTC desire bought at the same time as my Xperia and let tell you her phone is lightning fast ...Sony must act on this problem ASAP

Danial-mach1
Leader

go for factory reset it must solve your problem

but backup your internall storage data if you want