Join now - be part of our community!

Why my Sony Xperia U can't detect my Wi-Fi network?

SOLVED
InterfaceBG
Visitor

Why my Sony Xperia U can't detect my Wi-Fi network?

Hello guys. I have a problem! My phone still can't connect to the Wi-Fi.. I am using router. Yesterday i had no problems whit, but today.. I tried many things but no result.. I tried to reset my phone, to reset my router, everything possbile! Repair aslo whit PCC.. My build number is 6.0.B.3.184 (the newest). I think this is the best phone for his price but, i can't live whitout internet! I CAN'T SEE ONLY MY NETWORK! I STILL CAN CONNETC TO OTHER! BUT I DON'T THINK THE ROUTER HAVE PROBLEM, BECOUSE MY OTHER PHONES CAN CONNECT!

Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15
MiK246011
Visitor

I have the same problem with my U. I have had it for almost 2 months, and sometimees it finds my network sometimes it doesn't. As far as I can tell there's a serial malfunction, and if we're lucky they'll recall those phones, because nothing helps, just coincidentaly sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Or if we're extreamly lucky ICS will solve the problem, if the problem lies with the sony's version of the gingerbread.

Anyway it's a big flop for Sony, I'm starting to regret my purchase

iljap
Visitor

I had the same problem. To solve this - change wifi channel to any number lower than 10.

TipoBLR
Visitor

WOW tat worked!! Just changed my wifi channel to 6.. thanks a lot :smileygrin:

thebeast
Visitor

That's ridiculous, how can they release a platform that doesn;t support up to the current 13 channels for wifi, I have my wifi on channel 13 as all the other channels are packed with other wi-fi routers around this area.

Seriously Sony you need to sort this out asap!!!!

I bought a new Sony Tipo today and had the exact same problem, I thought it might be related to the channel, but then thuoght surely not, but this thread has just confirmed my suspicions...

Anfal91
Visitor

How to change the channel of wifi. If there is a procedure.. Cn u send me link.. My xperia u is d only fone suffering.. I'm using 2 laptops n 3 other phones but only this has the problem
shaye73
Visitor

Exiting, works....