Join now - be part of our community!

Removing swipe to unlock

SOLVED
Not applicable

Removing swipe to unlock

Hi,

I am new to this forum and the Xperia S is my first Android, the question I'm posing may be Android related and I tried looking for a solution but only found third party apps as the answer.

Hence, my query, is there an option to remove the swipe to unlock that appears every time the phone is locked (auto or intentional). I prefer a pattern unlock (others may use a PIN or Password too), but I have to swipe and enter the pattern everytime, which seems stupid to me.

Could someone please point out how I can disable the same and have only pattern (or PIN or Password) unlock.

Thanks,

Chirag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samuel1
Hero

The only way to remove the swipe lock is by using 3rd party software. The phone (and android in general, I guess) is designed to always have the slide (or similar) unlock, even if you use pin or pattern lock as well.

So, if you want it removed, search the Play Store/Market :smileyhappy:.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nabeel
Master

swipe to unlock cannot be disabled by any means ( don't know if a third party software may help you with that )

Samuel1
Hero

The only way to remove the swipe lock is by using 3rd party software. The phone (and android in general, I guess) is designed to always have the slide (or similar) unlock, even if you use pin or pattern lock as well.

So, if you want it removed, search the Play Store/Market :smileyhappy:.

Not applicable

Alright, thanks a lot for the replies!

Samuel1
Hero

Any time! If you have any more questions, I'll be glad to help Slightly_smiling_Face