Join now - be part of our community!

T9 using phonepad

SOLVED
Not applicable

T9 using phonepad

Good day

I would like to know how to set my phone (arc s) to use the phonepad keyboard and t9 (predictive text). I really am struggling to type messages and not sure how to set this.

Please help!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

go to messaging > new message > start writing and you would see a pencil on the keyboard... tap it to turn the led green and thats it Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nabeel
Master

hi
settings>language and keyboard> international keyboard> portrait keyboard > phonepad

for t9 > text input settings > word suggestions> use dictionary

Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Thanks for the help Nabeel Slightly_smiling_Face

For the t9 section I have a problem though, because it's not giving me the option "use dictionary"

Here's the options I have under "Word Suggestions":

- Automatically correct words

- Substitute letters only

- Suggest Words, don't correct automatically (this is the option I currectly have)

- Don't use dictionary

I have tried all the other options too.

Any idea what i can do to get this to work? I'm going crazy if I type messages lol

Nabeel
Master

go to messaging > new message > start writing and you would see a pencil on the keyboard... tap it to turn the led green and thats it Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Thanks Nabeel !

Not applicable

One more thing about the T9 using the phonepad keyboard.

How do I insert my own words?

I struggle to type when the word is not in the dictionary.

Thanks

Nabeel
Master

Thats the demerit of T9 dictionary
you cannot write words outside it.

You need to tap on the pencil icon to disable it and then write your on words like hahahhah, oooooo,, okhhhh

Smiling_Face_with_open_mouth_&_closed_Eyes :smileylaugh:.. Slightly_smiling_Face